new exhaust

strokin6L

Reaction score
Truck got a new exhaust. Finally was able to finish it today. It's magnaflow's stainless 4" dual setup with a set of 4"x6"x18" long polished stainless tips. Tips are a bit long...i'm gonna get rid of them and i already got 15" ones on the way. I'm diggin the new quietness of it. The 6" stack was waay too loud for the baby....plus i was kinda getting sick of the loudness of it also. What do you guys think?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjIEPoGH-A0

strokin6L

Reaction score
fitment around spare is very very tight. I think most guys get rid of the spare. There's probably 1/8"-1/4" between spare tire and both pipes. I might pull the spare down and put it in the bed.

3brorce

Reaction score
Tips stick out way too far. Need to be tucked back some for me. Like the IH love on the shed though for sure.:thumbsup:

vcassens

Reaction score
I would drop the spare or wrap the pipes. my spare didn't like the heat on a road trip pulling a camper. I thought I blew up my truck lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

strokin6L

Reaction score
Yeah spare tire will most likely get dropped. the tips do quick out way to far. they're pushed in as far as they can go. that's why i have shorter ones already ordered

strokin6L

Reaction score
the new 15" tips came yesterday and i installed them today. They look waay better than the 18" ones.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 90

06-sixoh

Reaction score
New tips look really good. I like them better than the other set. My diamond eye dual kit, is really close to my spare tire as well. Ive reached under there, and felt the tire after making a pass on the track, and it didnt feel warm. Even after a full day of driving in town running errands. Point being, why would you drop your spare tire if you didnt need to. Im not going to, and dont have plans to do so either.

3brorce

Reaction score
Like that look much better and are tucked in a little better for sure.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Hey strokn6l do you like your mtw more than a non vgt?

well here's the thing. When i decided to sell the non vgt and go with the MTW hybrid...i knew right from the start that the hybrid wouldn't even run as good as the 64/70 non vgt. The reason i went with it is because it was reasonable and i wanted to just try it and then eventually upgrade to the stage 3. I will be getting a stage 3 in a couple months...truck is sitting for the winter. My hybrid is one of the first original hybrids. Adrian has modded the turbine side of it to make it run better and cooler....also installs a different billet compressor wheel design.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.