New Ford owner

6643Jasper

Reaction score
Just bought my first ford. Its a 2001 F250 crew cab PSD. I've always been a GM guy but the fact my GMC kept nickel and diming me is enough to drive anyone insane:fustrate:. Instantly liked my new to me PSD and the room and fuel mileage was an added bonus. Never buy a GM 6.0 gas your only going to get 10MPG. Hopefully my PSD serves me well.

Dslfumes

Reaction score
Welcome and congrats on the new to you truck. I hate to say this, but your new found love will nickel and dime you to death as well, hopefully not as bad as your GM did. Something will always undoubtedly break when you don't have the funds for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

6643Jasper

Reaction score
It was things that shouldn't break at a 100,000. Transfer case pump walk wearing a hole in the t-case, limited slip failing, gauges crapping out just after warranty and my mileage was just above the recalls when they did those. Torque converter issues that no tanny shop in kentucky could figure out, a complete front end rebuild and did I mention rust holy cow.

HD F250

Reaction score
:welcome: to the Army and I hope your, new to you, :ford: treats you much better than the crappy GMC did. You definitely came to the right place for knowledge and helpful folks when you do have issues.

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
:welcome: and yeah I've never heard of anyone with a 6.0 chevy getting more than 11mpg.

weazel

Reaction score
Welcome and enjoy. I was also a long time GM guy, it was IFS that brought me to the ford side and I fell in love

Sent from in a ditch up side down and on fire with the wheels still spinning

Latest posts

Members online