New from Lake Jackson TX

patricku47

Reaction score
I'm not going to let a buddy step out of a spotless, low miles Lightning into anything less. This truck will get picked apart top to bottom, I don't mind offending a salesman...

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I like it...but it really does have to be perfect

good deal! if you stick with that, you'll find the right truck. Might be this one, might not.

it always takes me for ever to find/buy trucks, but the longer I hold out some times, it seems like the better truck I end up with!

Ccagge

Reaction score
I ran got my hands on the oasis report. It was one owner all the way up to 68k miles. Certified customer, all maintenance done at the dealer. Only warranty it had was a EGR cooler in 2010. Madry bought the truck at auction, that part doesn't really worry me. The right person has to buy a 6.0, and this one is priced pretty high. I would imagine it's always had a nice price tag with the shape it's in.

patricku47

Reaction score
The Carfax shows that the EGR, studs and all of the gaskets were done by a local shop up there while the truck was at auction. I called the shop and spoke with them for a while on the phone about their procedures. He assured me that nothing but Ford gaskets and ARP studs go on all of their jobs, the heads are sent out to a machine shop, magnafluxed and surfaced, the deck is checked to insure it is flat, everything is reassembled and ELC coolant is installed. He said they offer a 12 month 12k mile warranty on all their jobs and even invited me to come tour the facility to talk with their techs and see their procedures. I've never heard of the shop before but the website is very professional and it looks like a large, clean facility. Whats everyone's thoughts on this now?

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Sounding better

Who did the work? PM me if you'd prefer.

I lived in DFW for 26yrs and am familiar with a number of shops in the area

Ccagge

Reaction score
Ok. Got the invoice for repairs. ARP studs, new oil cooler, new EGR cooler, 12k Mile warranty...transferrable, nee intake manifold gaskets, turbo gaskets, thermostat gasket, all genuine ford. Thoughts?

Latest posts

Members online