New guy with questions

Nickxxxr

Reaction score
Hello all, new guy here. I currently own a 93 f350 4x4 crew cab Long bed with a 351 5.8 v8 and auto 4x4 107000 original miles. I'm looking to buy another truck this week and looking for help suggestions and opinions. This truck is a 95 f350 crew cab Long bed with a 7.3 psd 5 speed 4x4. Truck has 201k miles and is all stock asking price is $5000. Minus paint and interior color this truck is exactly what I'm looking for. I'm new to diesels and still learning. This will be my first but I've been researching for awhile. Questions are:
Should I be concerned about mileage, and what should I be looking for specifically with these miles?
Is the asking price fair for the truck? It's a northern truck so it does have rust as does mine.
Anything specific I should be concerned about overall or check out with this truck?
What kind of fuel mileage can I expect? From research it looks like it has 4.10 gears.
Given my predicament, if you were in the situation, would you trade my truck in on the new truck or keep them both? Honestly I'm torn whether I should get rid of mine for it or keep it for parts/spare etc.
The truck is in a different state so I wanna get as much knowledge and opinions ad I can before going to check it out. Thanks guys!
Also will be looking into mods soon after purchase

Nickxxxr

Reaction score
Also carfax shows truck was built in 12/94 and sold 1/95 with 14 miles on it. If that helps and with information for me. Thanks

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Welcome...

I wouldnt hesitate if it was a good running truck.. 200k is nothing on a 7.3 unless it was tuned and owned by a dipchit. Possibly cojld use a fresh set of injectors or orings anyway. Maybe upgrade the hpop. Id swap it to e-fuel asap. But like I said if it is and always has been a bone stock truck then I wouldn't bat an eye.

live life full throttle

Nickxxxr

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys and thanks for the welcome. Glad to be here. Going to drive out there tomorrow morning and hopefully be bringing this truck home with me. Still haven't decided if I'm trading my current one in on it yet or keeping them.

I can't answer about the truck being tuned because I haven't seen it in person yet. Pictures look totally stock so I kind of doubt it's been tuned. I do know it's a one owner however.

I'll have to do some research into replacing the hpop and e-fuel. Thank you I appreciate it

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Take oil fill cap off, turn it over and see how much blow by it has by putting fill cap upside down over hole. A lot will be noticeable.

Nickxxxr

Reaction score
I will plan on doing that for sure. Thank you very much. How much is to be expected that is normal?

Magnum PD

Reaction score
If cap won't stay over hole, good bit of blowby. Just vibrating off, very little.

Look at airbox, see how clean it is in there.

Nickxxxr

Reaction score
Guess I should update my newbie thread with the truck I actually bought. Loving it so far, soon to have straight exhaust, gauges and sct tuned... Hopefully.
Day I bought it..

Nickxxxr

Reaction score
IMG_20140821_133817002.jpg

Nickxxxr

Reaction score
The original truck I posted about was a 95. Deal fell through (truck sold) and I got the 2005. Happy with it so far. Thanks for the welcome!

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Welcome.

E99 F350/zf6/guages/arp/comp/stellite/ billet wheel/ bellowed... Need more fuel and more air.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.