New H&S Tune Updates - Awesome!

6.7Stroker

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to share my experience with the new H&S tune updates. I just downloaded the .31 tune for my Mini Maxx and the truck feels smoother than ever. The way they adjusted the boost etc on the new tune is exactly what I wanted. My turbo doesn't just shoot up to 33 psi anymore when you lay into it or when loaded. The most I've gotten it to show now is 28 psi, and it goes up there very smooth, which seems like much less stress on the turbo/rods!!! I love how the truck runs right now, and since my last update, the trans feels amazing too. I also do not get any compressor surge lugging uphill anymore. LOVE IT!!! Great Job H&S :D

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Thanks for the info man. Ill update ASAP. My hard drive took a dump on my Mac so I have to re-instal windows so I can update now

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Went ahead and got it all loaded up and took it out for the trans re-learn/ test drive. It doesn't peg 33PSI like it used to right off the bat anymore which is nice so when you are just at 50% throttle the boost isn't way up there.

I did notice at idle my EBP is now at 3 psi which I doubt is anything to worry about though.

On my 100% 0-80 run I did peg my 1450 EGT de-fuel at about 75mph though. I think thats the first time I have ever hit the defuel. I was wondering why the Mini Maxx started chirruping at me and dropped its self down to street instead of performance. So I went ahead and just bumped it to 1500 LOL

What kind of EGT's are you guys seeing on 1/4mi runs if it gets that hot on just a 0-80?

Over all tune seems pretty nice though. I will know more after I drive it for a couple of weeks

6.7Stroker

Reaction score
Damn, I need to go outside and throw on my EGR block offs and EGT sensor! Didn't think the EGT's would get that hot just doing 0-80!!

What is the EBP? Exhaust Back Pressure? Are you deleted?

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Yes.

The EGT's on these trucks seem to get up there pretty quick, I don't think 1450+ is really out of the norm on a long WOT run, they seem to just be hotter running trucks

Rowdy

Reaction score
Me and Matt just dynoed the H&S tunes on or 2012's. We both are fully deleted and running 5" exhaust with stage 2 AFE intakes. My truck put down 517Hp and 1026Tq. Then Matt's truck put down 526Hp and 1196Tq. We were both pleased.

Edit: My EGT's hit 1480 on the dyno. I got the defuel turned off on the EGT's though. I am only using the coolant temp defuel set at 220. That's about the highest I have ever seen mine EGT's. Never been over 1500

Last edited:

Ragu9000

Reaction score
good info here. putting the 5" and black maxx on my truck tonight. cant wait

broncof250444

Reaction score
Went I hit 145 mph I think I was hitting in the mid 1700's.... But never updated my mini max since it was purchased in Nov of 2011 and it lay down the 526hp as rowdy stated.... Best times was 13.9 and that's out fitted with tool box full of farm crap, gooseneck and ranch hands bumpers.

Egts still cooler than my 7.3 that I maxed out the egt 2k gauge a handful of times, glowing exhaust pipes etc..... Some people say I drive hard! I'm just winning!!! Lol

Last edited:

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Went I hit 145 mph I think I was hitting in the mid 1700's.... But never updated my mini max since it was purchased in Nov of 2011 and it lay down the 526hp as rowdy stated.... Best times was 13.9 and that's out fitted with tool box full of farm crap, gooseneck and ranch hands bumpers.

I dont know what is more impressive 145mph in a truck or 1700 EGT's

6.0L Stroker

Reaction score
I just went from the SPE tunes and now updated to .31 h&s tunes. I took it for a few miles down the road and I liked it. Nice and smooth shifts. If SPE tunes had the adjustment where it slowly spools the turbo instead of instantly spiking to 30lbs then dropping back off.

6.0L Stroker

Reaction score
That's on garmin GPS and my buddy's brand new 2012 mustang 5.0 I was racing.

Also if you think about it these trucks under regen go almost 1500 degrees at times so what's a couple more hundred?!?!

What kind of tires do you have that are rated anywhere close to that mph? My nittos are rated at 99.

broncof250444

Reaction score
What kind of tires do you have that are rated anywhere close to that mph? My nittos are rated at 99.

I have no idea what mph they are rated I only take it up to those speeds just ever once in awhile but I have ran procomp xtreme AT's for last 5 yrs... I had the 7.3 up to mid 130's. I run E range as well since I tow my goosenecks weekly.

Coming home tonight raced a 6.7 to about 120 then backed off, just normal everyday kind if stuff.

Last edited:

6.0L Stroker

Reaction score
I would think they would under rate them just a little. What size tires are you running?

Heck I drive mine around in stock power level most of the time. But it will light up the 37s taking of in performance. 👍

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Mine only leaves performance when I am towing. I like how the boost acts now as well. 50% throttle is no longer 100% boost.

Latest posts

Members online