New here and a question.

tolson93

Reaction score
The girlfriend recently bought a 2011 f250 6.7 powerstroke to haul her horse trailer. We noticed that with her trailer hooked up the truck seems to squat quite a bit. It is a pretty heavy trailer, but a 3/4 ton shouldn't squat this much? Any one have any input? Nothing to worry? Seems the back end normally sits level or "sags" thanks in advance! uploadfromtaptalk1431299258449.jpg

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Yea a 3/4 ton will squat that bad for sure with a 5th wheel on. You need air bags to level it out and distribute weight properly.

tolson93

Reaction score
Why is the Ford like this? Only seems like ford trucks sit this way. Should have a little back end rake to compensate for a load.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431406518.750921.jpg

My one ton had a lot of rake when I bought it. That's it before it even left the lot. Maybe it's a 250 thing since your lacking a rear overload spring ask well. Ford went for a smooth ride and in doing so I think they went with a little too soft of leaf spring....

tolson93

Reaction score
Makes sense, what is better though air bags or new springs ? what's the better route?

tolson93

Reaction score
I'm just surprised to see a truck sit like that. Dammit ford haha. Cause it makes her truck look funny when pulling the horse trailer. Guess we will have to see if she wants to invest in bags. Other than the truck does amazing

YJSONLY

Reaction score
They also have super springs that are like a heavy duty overload helper. But when there is no load it is not doing anything.

tolson93

Reaction score
Okay I'll check it out! Also for it being stock and 112k miles. Any major things to look for? Typical issues or anything? We're new to this 6.7 diesel world. Also what are good first mods to do ?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.