New parts and Tunes....

dangerdon

Reaction score
Ok. I got some new parts and custom tunes for my truck and it smokes in all tunes and not much boost..

2000 F250 4x4.....

Full Force Stage 2
38r
Stealth 1.1
Both Wildman& Gearhead tunes....

Any suggestions??

dangerdon

Reaction score
I don't think there is a leak. I have a low boost while cruising down the road..3-4 psi. The high boost numbers I'm getting are 15-20 and I'm not mashing it to the floor. Before I changed the parts out I was getting 5-7 psi cruising with stock turbo and injectors and about the same on the high end.

Just seems like low cruising PSI to me....Maybe a WW2 for the 38r would calm the smoke and bring up my numbers?

psduser1

Reaction score
Three to four is about where I'm at, with a similar setup. Go to wot, 38 psi is easy..
How many miles since you swapped stuff around?
Might pressure test the air side, doublecheck the exhaust side on the turbo.
Are you getting similar results from both tuners?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I don't think there is a leak. I have a low boost while cruising down the road..3-4 psi. The high boost numbers I'm getting are 15-20 and I'm not mashing it to the floor. Before I changed the parts out I was getting 5-7 psi cruising with stock turbo and injectors and about the same on the high end.

Just seems like low cruising PSI to me....Maybe a WW2 for the 38r would calm the smoke and bring up my numbers?

I had 160/100's 38R W/ WW2 don't remember the cruising boost but I used to hit 40-45 real easy WOT with leaking up pipes.

dangerdon

Reaction score
It smokes about the same on either tuners. I'm just seeing what everybody else is doin with this setup and what everybodys thoughts are....

Its only got acouple hundred miles after install. I know its gonna take some time to break everything in.

Just trying to start a list on what all I can do to get the most out of the setup...

Non Wastegate van housing?
1.0 or 1.15 housing?
WW2?

CarportMechanic

Reaction score
You need to address your low boost issues before throwing parts and money at it.

Have you inspected your up-pipes? Do you have a lot of black soot around the collector? Did you notice if the collector wobbled around when you put the 38R in?

I dont know what exactly the stage 2's specs are but I hit 38 psi with a pump that cant maintain over 1500 psi...

A stock 38R is a good turbo as is with your setup. 1.0 is a good match. Should spool pretty quickly.

Tom S

Reaction score
Improper alignment of the y to the exhaust housing with the alignment pin is my bet or something else on the exhaust side causing a leak.

dangerdon

Reaction score
I thought that too about the waste gate.. When I get home in acouple of days I'm gonna go over it all. Might just put a 1.0 housing on it to see what that will do.

dangerdon

Reaction score
I'm gonna work on it today but all I can do is adjust in the driveway. Blew the drive line off the other day. Can't take it out and really check it..gonna be a $800 f... up.....

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
Put air on the waste gate actuator till it extends fully. Then adjust the arm till it lines up with the flap pin (while closed). Put the arm back on the flap and reinstall the e-clip and at least the WG won't be your problem.

Swaan

Reaction score
Put air on the waste gate actuator till it extends fully. Then adjust the arm till it lines up with the flap pin (while closed). Put the arm back on the flap and reinstall the e-clip and at least the WG won't be your problem.

Ahhhh ya I guess. Or just take the line off the canister and plug the line. Takes about 5 seconds.

Barnbuilder

Reaction score

I did that and helped a little. I think its not getting enough fuel. But I'm not going to continue in this thread so I don't muck it up for someone else.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.