New Pistons installation question

SLYTAPEX

Reaction score
NY, not the urban cesspool, the part that sticks o
I ordered a set of Pistons from Midwest. They are cut,coated, & delipped for her pleasure. My question is when they are installed are there any other considerations due to the fact that they are slightly different from stock or is it a straight forward installation? I can't think of anything that would be different but I am not a mechanic & therefore don't know s**t. Oh, one more thing! Should I put the others up for sale or is it worth sending them out to get worked on? I'm hoping the ones that are coming Monday will last & im sure they will but not sure if it makes sense to save them or get them to someone in need. They are new. Never used. I made a mistake by not getting them done the right way from the beginning. Would've cost me about $5,500 to do this right in the beginning & will now cost a bit more.....because I suck... Oh well, it's only money.....

sootie

Reaction score
nope, nothing different on installation. And no, stock pistons arent worth anything.

SLYTAPEX

Reaction score
NY, not the urban cesspool, the part that sticks o
Yes I told them that I want everything balanced and I want to have all of the specs in case I ever need to replace anything. My friend that runs the shop told me that he needs all of the rotating ports so I am assuming that everything is going to be balanced perfectly and I will ask him some more detailed questions. if there are any that you guys can think of or any things that I should be bringing up to him please Tell me. I need all the help I can get!

Latest posts

Members online