New Time for ZMBYKLR

imelmo

Reaction score
Went to the track again last night and got some better times. :D Best was a 12.16 @ 112. Not too shabby for 7420lbs on a single stage .099 jet and stock converter, trans, and fuel pump. Calculator puts it just over 700hp at the wheels on da juice.

I'm pretty certain an upgraded torque converter would help a lot and put it in the 11's pretty easily. My white truck trapped the same but at 11.8's and it was about 420lbs lighter with a LOT less rotating weight. Switching to a dual stage instead of a single stage nitrous setup should help my sixty foot tremendously also. That way I can split the shot up and have a little help right off the line.

Gonna try and get a converter in it before I hit the track again. There's a 3 day race August 2nd-4th that I'm going to try and make.

null_zps688a1910.jpg

Mdub707

Reaction score
Damn Danny, that's a really good time. What injector/turbo setup are you running again? What were your 60's like that?

jdc753

Reaction score
what are you getting for 60' times with that setup?

Bet you shocked lots of people there that night with those HUGE bumpers and mud tires then crack a low 12. Punisher truck ran fast, but also looked like it meant business.

imelmo

Reaction score
Where are these races at? I would love to watch some good drag races.

Gulfport Dragway in Gulfport, MS, right off I-10. It's about 35 minutes from me so probably a little over an hour from you.

Damn Danny, that's a really good time. What injector/turbo setup are you running again? What were your 60's like that?

Elite 205/100's, Fleece billet wheeled Powermax from No Limit

what are you getting for 60' times with that setup?

Bet you shocked lots of people there that night with those HUGE bumpers and mud tires then crack a low 12. Punisher truck ran fast, but also looked like it meant business.

My best 60' was a 1.80 but most were mid 1.8's. I'm still working on the launch of this thing. It really needs to be at least low 1.7's. That's where I'm losing an 11 second ET at.

imelmo

Reaction score

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
What track do you usually go to? State Capitol? I've been wanting to go watch, but it takes a little doing to get a group to go, and a few ppl with vehicles to race, in case no one else is there.(I don't think my Tacoma would be up to the task) So far that happened once, but it stormed so that kinda cancelled everything quickly.

Sent from the Bayou

imelmo

Reaction score
I go to State Capitol pretty regularly but Gulfport is my home track. I'll let you know next time I'm going to State Capitol. It's usually on Fridays. They have a street class so your Tacoma would probably do ok in it. Lots of slow stuff in there. :D

Blowby

Reaction score
Glad you're taking it to the track and enjoying it Danny! What air pressure you running on those monster tires at the track?

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
I go to State Capitol pretty regularly but Gulfport is my home track. I'll let you know next time I'm going to State Capitol. It's usually on Fridays. They have a street class so your Tacoma would probably do ok in it. Lots of slow stuff in there. :D

Ok def let me know, I do nothing on Fridays lol.

Lol that's gotta be depressing to watch…
20sec after the light and the taco is at the 1000'! Woohoo!!

Sent from the Bayou

imelmo

Reaction score
Glad you're taking it to the track and enjoying it Danny! What air pressure you running on those monster tires at the track?

I haven't messed with pressure too much yet, but I keep 'em down at 50psi right now.

Latest posts

Members online