New to 6.7s, have some questions

08Monster

Reaction score
First off, the truck is AWESOME. So much quieter, so much more refined than my 6.4. It is a 2014 King Ranch F350 fully loaded.

2nd, does this truck have a factory high idle when cold? I've started it at about 20-25 every morning and it doesn't high idle.

3rd, how can I make the heated seats come on with the remote start

4th, the fog lights dont work. Fuse is good, relay clicks when I pull the knob, the fog light symbol lights up by the knob, bulbs are good. Ideas?

Again, awesome truck!

Reaction score
Yes the truck has an automatic high idle. But it definitely has to be cold for it to kick on. I doubt there is an exact temperature, but it seems like on my 2011 it would be below 20 degrees and as soon as you start it the RPMS would automatically be elevated. But again, Im sure there are variables such as engine coolant temp, engine oil temp and ambient temp that actually determine if the RPMs will raise. I dont think you are meeting the requirements yet.

As far as the heated seats go, according to the owners manual, they should kick on automatically based on ambient air temps when you remote start with the climate control set to auto. But again, I think the temperatures play a part. I know it had to be pretty dang cold out before my seats would kick auto with remote start on my 2011. Definitely seemed to below 25 degrees.

As for the fog lights, if all the things you mentioned are good, may either have a defective swith (even if the light symbol comes on) or you may have to backprobe the harness at each foglight with a multimeter to see whats actually going on.

BK39

Reaction score
My seats turn on by themselves, or at least they did this morning, it was around 40 degrees. That's weird on your fog lights, have you double checked the wiring, make sure they are plugged in?

08Monster

Reaction score
My seats turn on by themselves, or at least they did this morning, it was around 40 degrees. That's weird on your fog lights, have you double checked the wiring, make sure they are plugged in?
The bulbs are for sure plugged in, where does the fog lignt harness itself plug in at?

BK39

Reaction score
The bulbs are for sure plugged in, where does the fog lignt harness itself plug in at?

Man I don't remember 100%. I had mine unplugged when I took my bumper off. It was easy tho, I remember that for sure, follow the wire towards the middle/tow hooks.

6.7ARMY

Reaction score
Only problem I am having right now with my 2014 f350 6.7 is my tranny. It has 17xxx miles it is shifting hard 2-3 3-4 then it will down shift pretty hard I read solenoid I heard that's the way it's suppose to be change fluids nothing has fixed it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online