New to diesels and tuners

Clifford6.4L

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

As the title says, I am new to diesels, tuners, as well as forums. This is my first post and I have a few questions for you guys. I recently purchased a 2008 F-250 FX4 Crew Cab with 80k miles. I am looking to upgrade to a 5" turbo-back exhaust (I was looking at Diamond Eye for this - I am open to other suggestions!) but, for the tuner I am stumped. I don't know whether to go for Spartan, H&S, SCT, or Superchips. I have the opportunity to get a Superchips tuner for a great price but, I don't know much about them. The others I have all heard great things about but, I don't have that kind of money at the moment and I don't know when I will. Do you think I should go with the Superchips tuner until I can save up for one of the others? Also, which one of the more expensive tuners should I go with (make and model, etc.) Thank you everyone in advance!

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

As the title says, I am new to diesels, tuners, as well as forums. This is my first post and I have a few questions for you guys. I recently purchased a 2008 F-250 FX4 Crew Cab with 80k miles. I am looking to upgrade to a 5" turbo-back exhaust (I was looking at Diamond Eye for this - I am open to other suggestions!) but, for the tuner I am stumped. I don't know whether to go for Spartan, H&S, SCT, or Superchips. I have the opportunity to get a Superchips tuner for a great price but, I don't know much about them. The others I have all heard great things about but, I don't have that kind of money at the moment and I don't know when I will. Do you think I should go with the Superchips tuner until I can save up for one of the others? Also, which one of the more expensive tuners should I go with (make and model, etc.) Thank you everyone in advance!

To run anything other than DPF back you will need a competition tuner, which superchips is not. Shoot me a PM and I can get you a price on a full package.

DWhite

Reaction score
I would give Mike(bigrpowr) a shout. He can set you up with everything your looking for depending on your budget. You'll be happy and you will enjoy it when it is deleted and tuned.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Has already mentioned, that's a no go on the superchips. Try to decide what your plans are for this truck and then pick up two new accordingly. There's a number of helpful lenders on here that can help you with your decision

earico

Reaction score
I would give Mike(bigrpowr) a shout. He can set you up with everything your looking for depending on your budget. You'll be happy and you will enjoy it when it is deleted and tuned.

^ Yep I agree. Mike took good care of me.

I went Flo Pro downpipe back 5" exhaust and SCT Livewire TS with Gearhead tunes. This gave me the DPF delete and all the standard tunes for different power levels. Truck runs great!

Clifford6.4L

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your informative comments! I really appreciate all of the help and the warm welcome you guys have given me!

Latest posts

Members online