New to me 03 f250 6.0

curtisjames91

Reaction score
I just picked up a 03 f250 and when I test drove the truck everything went great bought the truck and it’s been a headache ever since. But on to my dilemma the truck is studded,a Ficm of some sort, and supposedly has a non stock turbo but it doesn’t run the best hates the cold and every now and then idles like trash at stops. I’m hoping it’s the tune that’s in the truck I’d like to get a custom file from someone but my sct hasn’t been updated and I’m worried if I update it I’ll brick the truck it’s already showing a p0403 and p0405 am I ok to update and get a custom tune or will it brick it?

sootie

Reaction score
return the truck to a stock flash and then diagnose. Don't mess with tuning until the mechanical checks out.

curtisjames91

Reaction score
I’m new to the powerstroke world been fooling with Cummins for a while so I’m not really familiar with ficm and all associated with a powerstroke if the injectors aren’t stock wouldn’t that cause the truck to run rough? And also on the tune side of things with those codes it seems like the sct isn’t turning the vale off anyways with the two codes I’m getting so if I update the firmware to get a new tune it shouldn’t brick it?

Tiha

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Reaction score
I think those are EGR codes, pretty common because it is most likely deleted already.

Agree with the go back to stock and get it running right before you do custom tunning. It will not brick it unless the previous owner did something really weird.

If the injectors are bigger than stock, they will just deliver stock fuel with stock tuning. Should not run funny or rough.

Tiha

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Reaction score
I returned to stock I have p0403 p0405 p0603 and p1000
P0403 P0405 are EGR codes, if the EGR is gone you can ignore them for now.

P0603 is like the old KAM, keep alive memory. Normal if the batteries were dead, or disconnected.

P1000 is drive Monitor test not complete.

So basically you are good to go. Need to drive it some and see if more codes come up that can point you towards a rough running condition.

curtisjames91

Reaction score
So I’m getting a p0673 which looks like it’s a glow plug number 3 and I’ve got oil dripping from this big Allen in the front is there an print or anything there?Also have trans fluid on the cooler lines right after the external filter on the trans side it’s not leaking at the fittings on the filter that I can tell is there anywhere common that they leak around there?

Attachments

• FBA487BB-C10E-48CC-A379-DAD2EF10B6A1.jpeg
    FBA487BB-C10E-48CC-A379-DAD2EF10B6A1.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 190

Latest posts

Members online