new to the 6.4 .help!

boom24

Reaction score
Hi guys.iam picking up my new to me truck on on Saturday. Its a 08 f450 . so I've done a lot of research. But iam new to 6.4s and I made a little list of what I want to order and get done ASAP so any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

1. H&s or spartan tuner!! pre ban!
2. CAI
3. 5" straight pipe
4. Oil/coolant filtration
5. Egr delete

.I drive everything hard .and this will be no exception .so any other suggestions or input chimo on in

DWhite

Reaction score
^ I would have to agree. 6.4s are good running trucks and if your lucky it will be problem free. But if your not lucky or feeling lucky and you drive it hard it would probably cost you a lot of money.

BamKat

Reaction score
I have a 6.4 and it has been nothing but problems ever since i put 100k miles on it... im actually driving my '97 7.3 to work everyday because i trust it more.... and if i pop in a beastie boys cd i feel like im in high school again. Lol

78f100

Reaction score
A 6.4 in a 450 with 100k+ will most likely need a front cover unless the po was really good about maintaining the coolant. They are great runners like already said but if you ain't careful you can spend some money on them. with that said I love them and own 4 in various conditions.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
if you get a 6.4 hit me up , i'll help you with your list.

boom24

Reaction score
if you get a 6.4 hit me up , i'll help you with your list.

I already purchased the truck ,iam picking it up on Saturday.. It came from Florida. Has 88k on it and no leaks "yet" going by the previous owners service records he had it serviced often.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I already purchased the truck ,iam picking it up on Saturday.. It came from Florida. Has 88k on it and no leaks "yet" going by the previous owners service records he had it serviced often.

PM Mike for parts then best customer service around he also got that special no limit fab tape on his boxes too LOL.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Be careful with the 450 if you plan to drive it hard. They have some tall gears and you can break stuff with them.
They are fun and tow monsters with just a delete and tune.
More so with bigger huffers

Latest posts

Members online