New truck advice

bhudson

Reaction score
Posting this for a friend of mine who's going through a bunch of crap so I told him I'd try to help him out. Long story short, he just bought a new 6.7 and on day 1, had some sort of issue where the starter wouldn't engage all the way or something, but he turned the key off and it started fine. He said it did it a couple of time and not since. Also on day one he got the exhaust fluid fault.....Y'all know the one. The one that says in 50 miles, he'll be restricted to 50mph. We he's a little pissed and asked me if I thought he would be able to just take it back and pick a different truck. All this happened within the first 24 hours of him buying it. Any advice?

morepower02

Reaction score
They are not going to give him a new truck. Advice? Let a competent dealer repair under warranty.

bhudson

Reaction score
That's what I told him would most likely happen, but he's pissed off right now. He's had a rough year

morepower02

Reaction score
I hear ya but in the world we live in his personal problems have absolutely nothing to do with the pickups problems. Definitely would suck to have problems with a new purchase but got to let them take a stab at repairing the mechanical faults.

bhudson

Reaction score
Yep I know. He had it in his head for some reason that there was some sort of 24 hour window or some **** where he could talk to the gm or whoever he bought it from to make that happen. Think he just needs to calm down and see what they find with the truck

Notneb

Reaction score
Sh!t happens, my 2012 had 500 miles on it, first snow of the year and it wouldn't go into 4wd totally screwing me... Wasn't the trucks fault, or the dealer, just a faulty part. Tell your buddy to chill, there is no magic buy back unless it meets state lemon law criteria. The dealer has to have a chance to fix it. A GM would lose his dealership if he bought back every vehicle that someone didn't like.

bhudson

Reaction score
Yeah I think he realizes that. I told him to present his case, but no guarantees. Worst case scenario, I told him to just trade it and get a different one. Maybe he shouldn't listen to me anyway. Haha.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Posting this for a friend of mine who's going through a bunch of crap so I told him I'd try to help him out. Long story short, he just bought a new 6.7 and on day 1, had some sort of issue where the starter wouldn't engage all the way or something, but he turned the key off and it started fine. He said it did it a couple of time and not since. Also on day one he got the exhaust fluid fault.....Y'all know the one. The one that says in 50 miles, he'll be restricted to 50mph. We he's a little pissed and asked me if I thought he would be able to just take it back and pick a different truck. All this happened within the first 24 hours of him buying it. Any advice?

Did he put any DEF in the tank? Maybe the dealer didn't top off the DEF as part of dealer prep.

Billy T.
[email protected]

bhudson

Reaction score
I have no idea. It was a brand new truck, but it did sit on the lot for a while. I guess he went over there and talked to them and they did give him the option to get a new truck, so he took it.

Latest posts

Members online