New turbo=new problems

KYkickinit

Reaction score
Swapped turbos yesterday and now my boost gauge won't move. It's Td off the map if that matters. Kind of stumped on which wild goose to start chasing on this one.

KYkickinit

Reaction score
It's a stock turbo just added a ww2 to it since it had less miles than the one on my truck. Egts look ok and it seems to be spooling. I hear a new noise and idk if it's a boost leak or the new turbo whistle so I'm scared to get on it to hard.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Could be a kinked tube going to the gauge, or it could be an actual boost leak. A turbo will "spool" (spin) as long as it has exhaust hitting the turbine wheel. However, it won't make boost if there is no resistance (i.e. a leak) in the system. If you are still good on power, not having smoke issues, and your EGT's look fine, then I would say there is a problem with the hose/tube running to the gauge. Running a boost leak test would confirm or deny this as well. Pressurize the intake and look/listen for any leaks.

fastersteve

Reaction score
Did you get the correct WW?

There was someone else on here that got a miss-boxed unit and the rotation was backwards.

KYkickinit

Reaction score
I'm going to do the pressure test probably tomorrow. I can feel the difference gauge just isn't showing it. Thanks for all the help and sorry for taking so long to reply.

Montgomery P-Stroke

Reaction score
Just a fyi the WW2 does sound different than the stock one. Mostly just a little more whistle but a slightly different tone as well.

Latest posts

Members online