New with a 6.4

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Hey everybody. Not new to forums, but new to diesels. Looking forward to basking in everybody's knowledge here and hopefully help out where I can.

I'm a former Silverado owner and just traded in a very modded out Ram 1500 for a 2010 F250 with 43k miles. One owner, very well taken care of. The only thing done to it was it had a spray-in bedliner.

Here's my old Ram. I had done just about everything to it, short of a supercharger and replacement bumpers....

DSCN0008_zps1d76d078.jpg

The 6.4. The very next day I got it I tinted the windows, 5% over everything.

4D22698C-106D-418E-927D-4867C72073C6_zpsjoofts5l.jpg

E2BEF42F-1E8E-4BEA-8A01-C8318C7795CB_zpsf7p6bhge.jpg

I've got lots of plans for this truck. Right now I'm just getting used to the diesel and trying to work out any issues with it before I go crazy with mods and loose the 1 year left on drivetrain.

So far I've done,
-5% tint
-20" led bar in the bumper
-Recon smoked mirror lights

I have an apt. this week to get my bumpers color matched with bedliner and also install Recon smoked cab lights. The week after I'll have my grill painted to match along with the mirror caps and tailgate handle.

I have a 3" RCX kit sitting in the garage and 37s just waiting for install time.

Hopefully in a month or so I'll have H&S, AFE Stage 2 and DPF/CAT deletes done.

Other plans include a Viper remote start and Pioneer in dash unit.

I'm LOVING this truck so far!!

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes!
I've already forgotten about the dodge haha. It was fun but not like the kind of fun I'm about to have with this truck.

RSK

Reaction score
welcome, nice truck, any pics with the 3" lift on with the 37's? what are your other plans for the truck?

JrStroker

Reaction score
I just realized you said you was getting an AFE stage 2 intake. Do yourself a favor and look at getting a NoLimit intake. Best intake out there. And only a little more than the AFE. Bigrpowr is No limit on here.

Actually, here's ya a thread on it!
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46556

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Last edited:

alradco

Reaction score
Welcome, I'm not big on Dodge trucks but that was a really good looking truck. Congrats on the 6.4. Watch out around here...seems like every week there's a new 6.4 build thread starting :)

Peter

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
welcome, nice truck, any pics with the 3" lift on with the 37's? what are your other plans for the truck?

I still have not had time to install the lift yet. It's sitting in the garage still...

I did get some black headlight housings and HIDs. The bumpers and cab lights are done. I still need to get the grill to paint.

I have a new door handle to do a lock cylinder delete. I need to get the handle painted as well.

I have LED fogs and the Rigid fog bracket came yesterday. Might try to get that on this weekend.

I just realized you said you was getting an AFE stage 2 intake. Do yourself a favor and look at getting a NoLimit intake. Best intake out there. And only a little more than the AFE. Bigrpowr is No limit on here.

Actually, here's ya a thread on it!
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46556

Thanks, I actually have considered the No Limit intake and have read up on it. I've read nothing but good things about it.

Welcome, I'm not big on Dodge trucks but that was a really good looking truck. Congrats on the 6.4. Watch out around here...seems like every week there's a new 6.4 build thread starting :)

Peter

I've had quite a few non-Dodge people tell me they liked it. To be honest, I was never a Dodge fan before I bought it. I got that out of my system though. The Dodge transmissions are something else.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Here's my dilemma. The truck is still under 5yr/100k powertrain until 2/2015. What I really want is 5" Flo Pro probably into a 6" tip (7" only if I was going to really be in the air). If I just do a delete pipe for now, it would be easily reversible if I needed to take the truck into the dealer for anything. But I've heard once it's tuned there goes the warranty, so not sure what to do. On my Dodge I had it tuned and geared and never had a problem with the warranty.

JrStroker

Reaction score
Here's my dilemma. The truck is still under 5yr/100k powertrain until 2/2015. What I really want is 5" Flo Pro probably into a 6" tip (7" only if I was going to really be in the air). If I just do a delete pipe for now, it would be easily reversible if I needed to take the truck into the dealer for anything. But I've heard once it's tuned there goes the warranty, so not sure what to do. On my Dodge I had it tuned and geared and never had a problem with the warranty.

Go tall to your local dealers and see how they feel about deleted and tuned trucks. Some don't mind and will do the warranty work. Some make you change it before you bring it back in and some just plain hate it. Maybe it could be good for you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Latest posts