Newb 6.4 question

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
So i intalled my 4" exhaust tonight.

As soon as I got the stock exhaust off, it was just the downpipe left on, I started the truck and shut it off 5 seconds later.

Installed the 4" and put sensors back in place, truck would not even try to turn over... no clicking, no nothing. All dash lights came on fine and seemed normal, but just wouldnt even try to turn over. So i took my SCT and re-tuned it, I am waiting on custom tunes so its just the offroad version of the livewire. It asked me if i had a DPF delete, EGR delete, INtake ect.. I answered all the questions and let it tune... Truck fired up just fine.

But now its idling at 900-1000rpm, almost like its stuck in hi-idle it seems. Put it in gear and it stays at those RPMs. It almost wants to pull through the brake it feels like if your sitting in park.

Long winded post, but these are new to me. Anyone have ideas?

Also does anyone know what exactly this tuner does for me? It still feels like its stock and it never gave me an option to pick a tune, it just loaded a "strategy tune"

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
haha for the record its running and driving just fine...

I just need to throw the sensor in that i couldnt get out of the stock exhaust, that should bring the idle back down i hear

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Okay, well i think you are running the stock tune, with a dpf delete. In order to select a tune, go to preloaded, 6.4 something should pop up, click it, 6.4 something will pop up again, click it, then dpf question (yes), intake (yes,no), tire size (adjust or not), egr delete (YES), then adjust user options, or do not adjust, SELECT ADJUST, then you will see various options (tune, vvt turbo, injectors, etc.) Select tune, then the list of tunes will come up, click which one, then click ESC, then ESC once more, then another page will pop up, (Tune, Axle Ratio), this time the "Tune" is for the tranny setting, click it, select tranny shift setting, click ESC, then ESC once more, then it should say program with strategy tune or something, click ok, it will start loading.

Make sure lights, radio, and A/C are all off

With the new sct update where it puts the tune options under User adjuster options instead of at the beginning where you have to choose at first, if you go through this process and dont adjust the user options, you will reload the same tune you already have in it everytime. Ive done it being in a hurry a couple times. So then i have to wait for it to get through reloading, then go back and start over and make sure i dont pass the user options and change the tune

Last edited:

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Damn good job remembering all that. I cant remember how many times I have changed a tune in my truck and cant remember to tell someone how to do it.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
In the tuning i turned the EGT probs off until i fix that back one, seems like that did the trick.

seems like they tried hiding the ability to put these trucks in a higher tune

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.