Newb on egr delete!!! Need info!

smokedout250

Reaction score
Okay so this is the deal I'm lookin at deleting my egr! I have an 2007 with 60,000 miles. I really haven't done much with the 6.0. I'm a mechanic I have no problem wrenching all day and all night! beings I have never done this before can somebody point me to a thread or give advice? And yes I searched the forum couldn't find what I'm lookin for! So please give my some advice,tips, or tricks you have! I'm planning on get my kit through vision diesel so I will be bugging Derek lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokedout250

Reaction score
What all do you have to do? Remove turbo intake up pipe. Any things else how hard is it going to be? Can it be done in a day? Am I gonna need any tools that are special?

G Racing

Reaction score
No special tools per say. remove intake and passenger side up pipe. Spend many hours cleaning out intake lol. It's not that hard to do. A little time consuming to get it clean and the new passengers up pipe. It helps to have someone help you with the bolts for the up pipe.

Silverback

Reaction score
No special tools required. You'll need to drain the coolant, the hardest part for a first timer IMO is getting the turbo re installed. And I'd say it be a day project if you've never had a 6.0 apart before.

Here's the basic routine off the top of my head:
Pull the airfilter
CAC pipes
degas bottle
fuel lines
oil filter adapter/fuel bowl
FICM
Turbo
Move engine harness/injector harness out of your way
Pull the intake
egr cooler and
Up pipes.
Then Reinstall

Make sure you blow around the intake manifold before you loosen it, and check around where it bolts to the head with a flashlight. You don't want any debris falling in the head

smokedout250

Reaction score
What do you think time wise? I'm a weekender lol truck has to be running come Monday I prefer to do things in one day. Idk if this is possible or not

Silverback

Reaction score
So I should prolly look into an intake gasket? Any other parts I should do?

I would do an oil cooler and flush the system while your there, building and cleaning the cooler is a little more involved though. The egr delete kit you buy SHOULD come with all the necessary parts, the intake gaskets are reusable but they don't last forever.

Honestly its not a super time consuming job, I can do them in 2 hours..but I've done a few lol. If you set aside a full day to work on it you should be fine.

davey99ps

Reaction score
I did 1 back in January on my buddies 04. I used sinisters kit plus I did a new oil cooler, I had roughly 6hrs total in to it. The sinister kit came with really good instructions.

smokedout250

Reaction score
Okay that's what I wanna hear! I'm hoping I can make till this fall before studs! I'll prolly have 70,000 on it then.

I'll plan a day coolant should be elc right? I'm planning all fluids change at the same time.

davey99ps

Reaction score
Yep, i was told elc. The biggest pita for me was getting the turbo out, it had never been removed since new an the truck had 140k mo on it. Otherwise, it went real smooth

Wrecho

Reaction score
Did you get your EGR done yet? My brother and I did mine in about 12 hours. If you just grind off the bolts on the upper part of up pipe you can save some major time. My kit even came with new bolts for it.

Latest posts

Members online