nhrda desert diesel nationals

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Haven't finished the driveline brake yet...back at it in about an hour. Spray won't make this race, but if the brake works the truck will either launch harder than it ever has or blow the f'ing tires off and go nowhere.

motoxracer42

Reaction score
we leave tomorrow. eric if you need any help ill help ya too. i want to see that thing run.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
You don't own wrenches??

Yup, they've been busy working on the driveline brake. Finished it last night about 10:30. A bit unsure of whether it's working right now, when we tested it the rotor and pads were ice cold and the truck had not been driven (so the pads and rotor were not seated)...at the time I was not impressed with the holding (bent the hand brake handle and the brake didn't hold the truck). Drove it about 5 miles last night and lightly rode the brake on and off to seat the pads. Going to drive it some more today and then try it again with some heat in it...hoping that makes a difference!

If I can't get the holding power I need from the hand brake, I'm already scheming ways of using a bigger master cylinder...but obviously that won't happen before this weekend.

01PSD

Reaction score
Just saw this over on CompD:

"Diesel TV will air the Desert Diesel Nationals on Fox Sports Net on April 26th 2012 at 5pm and it will re air the following week."

newman

Reaction score
Yup, they've been busy working on the driveline brake. Finished it last night about 10:30. A bit unsure of whether it's working right now, when we tested it the rotor and pads were ice cold and the truck had not been driven (so the pads and rotor were not seated)...at the time I was not impressed with the holding (bent the hand brake handle and the brake didn't hold the truck). Drove it about 5 miles last night and lightly rode the brake on and off to seat the pads. Going to drive it some more today and then try it again with some heat in it...hoping that makes a difference!

If I can't get the holding power I need from the hand brake, I'm already scheming ways of using a bigger master cylinder...but obviously that won't happen before this weekend.

You just need some hydroboost:)

Erikclaw

Reaction score
LOL thanks guys, it is up and running. Got another boost leak fixed, I loosened the housing on a wg controller when reinstalling it and it was leaking there. Found a loose ball joint, and I am installing the new drive lines. May be a little later leaving than planned but will be going. Taking a food break is really not making me want to go back out there. I think the five days sick and now thrashing is taking its toll.
Thanks for the offers but I can get it done.
I do have issues and our avatars aren't the same, just similar. I could really use a sammy from Quiznos right now.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Heard eriks truck went 12.90 . Beef tacos truck went 12.7 and jdgleason went 12.98 lol. Some times were at the test and tune last night.

Wop lightening went 10.19@ 138 to a winning 10.18 bummer for thoughs guys ?

If anyone has heard anything else keep us posted

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Yep mine was slow, not too happy about it with high egts too

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online