NHRDA East Coast Nationals. Dinwiddie, VA. July 16

Sniper32

Reaction score
That was one of davis offroad's trucks. One of the cleanest 6.4s ive seen, but he must have had a brain fart thinkin he could pull w that much lift!

Im trackin it was david but im tryin to place the truck...ohh well

cbrown

Reaction score
Hahaha. That king ranch was my buddy Robby Bryant. Trucks on 40s with 16 inches, coilovers up front. It has 5.13 gears in it so we figured wed hook to the sled. The differential housing twisted up, snapped the pinion and then spit the driveshaft. Truck ran a best of 13.8x on the strip, pretty consistent 14s.

Ive pulled with my 6.4 a few times, 10" on 40 with stock 3.73s without a problem, other than breakin the pulling hitch at rockville last year. Wish it couldve been out there but its sittin in the garage waitin on me to rebuild the transmission. Burnt up a suncoast pullin somebody out on the beach July 4th.

Attachments

• Ricky pinion.jpg
    Ricky pinion.jpg
    677 KB · Views: 54

eric.davis

Reaction score
I don't think it originally was. It just rotated at the mount due to his pinion coming up. His bars definitely didn't do their job. I would like to see a before destruction picture of them.

cbrown

Reaction score
jimdawg, youre right the bars are in the original position, the pumpkin is the only piece that spun around the axle tubes. As to why they are like that....Im not really sure. I too questioned it when he made them because its basically a solid mount from frame to axle. The front mount is setup the same as the rear, single joint. They definitely keep the axle from wrapping....i dunno if theres a video of it on the dyno at rudys floating around but axle wrap was retarded then. As for still being able to articulate and keep the correct path when the axle travels....im not so sure the design works. But it does keep the axle from wrapping and it definitely keeps it planted to the ground.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Oh SH&E&, it turned the pumpkin. If the pumpkin turned then the design has to be doing something right. It is just different i guess. That truck is really nice, time for some rockwells :) Not gonna turn that housing....

Daryl@TDP

Reaction score
Oh SH&E&, it turned the pumpkin. If the pumpkin turned then the design has to be doing something right. It is just different i guess. That truck is really nice, time for some rockwells :) Not gonna turn that housing....

A bead welded around the pumpkin and axle tubes will be a big help on any truck hooking to as sled as well. Mine have been done for years. Simple and effective.

cbrown

Reaction score
Yep...pumpkin will be getting welded around. Good news is the gears have a lifetime warranty, so those will be replaced for free.

Latest posts

Members online