NHRDA season opener in phoenix is a go

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
Sorry for the new thread, but wanted to get the message across, Randy from the nhrda got confirmation from speedworld that they will be open for the season opener event. Was pretty excited to here that, seeing how its minus 38 tonight. Bring on the sunshine and see everyone in phoenix march 2nd

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Thank for posting this Shawn...I was trying to find time myself! This will be the last "Desert Diesel Nationals" at SpeedWorld...come out and make it a good one!

Hopefully we can work something out with Firebird for next year!

ford_trck

Reaction score
What about Southwestern International it is South East of Tucson. I haven't heard anything of it closing yet.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Firebird is "unknown" right now. Management is changing for sure, supposed to be running again for the 2014 NHRA Arizona Nationals. Nobody knows if it will remain open between the 2013 and 2014 nationals yet.

SIR (Tucson) is the "backup" for the Season Opener, last I heard.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
From the fingers of HAL at SpeedWorld...via Facebook:
Once again, the rumor mill is operating overtime this morning LOL. Folks, here's the straight deal as of 12:35am Thursday, Jan 31. Speedworld is down, but not out! We are working very hard with State officials and the county to try and resolve this issue! We are not open at this time, but are trying very hard to reopen in the near future, at least for a period of time to finish out most of the spring events. Please, don't tell people we are closed for good - that has NOT happened! We're still trying to get things fixed!

From Randy at the NHRDA:
Next Wednesday (2/6/13) is the DROP-DEAD date for the NHRDA. If SW does not have the necessary permits in place by 2/6, the NHRDA will pull the DDN and move it to Tucson. He has already been in negotiations with Tucson and will have all of his ducks in a row to move the race and change the posters and commercials to make sure the word gets out. He is moving forward with a "the race will happen" mentality...it might just happen in Tucson. We will know one way or the other by next Wed/Thu.

Latest posts

Members online