Nitrous Jets

Coxey Diesel

Reaction score
What size jet is everybody running on one stage? The .074 jet I'm currently using doesn't clean my injectors like I would expect. I think my bottle pressure could be off as well.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Really? That low?

You're the nitrous guy, you tell me lol. I called NOS and asked them some questions about bottle blankets and desired PSI a couple years back. Thats what i got. IIRC thats what the lightning was running in Arizona at the time, whether that's what he wanted or not i don't know. What's your truck run?

Blowby

Reaction score
It depends on what you are doing with the truck and how the truck is setup. 950 will have a smaller pressure drop down the track but if you have stages and the ability to control the volume delivered than you can bring the pressure up to deliver a larger volume, and as the pressure drops, your additional stages kick in. The key is the transition from liquid to vapor and you need to stay at this psi. So I start just above it and as I travel down the track the pressure drops. Now we're in the psi range that delivers the dense volume I want. Starting at 925 will force you to drop real low at mid track and deliver a rich liquid (lower volume) in the intake. Pressure = volume but vapor is less dense so adjust to best suit your setup. I start at 1150 psi, purge at the line so now 1100 and finish at 975 to answer your question.

BTW: The dyno is a completely different setup.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
It depends on what you are doing with the truck and how the truck is setup. 950 will have a smaller pressure drop down the track but if you have stages and the ability to control the volume delivered than you can bring the pressure up to deliver a larger volume, and as the pressure drops, your additional stages kick in. The key is the transition from liquid to vapor and you need to stay at this psi. So I start just above it and as I travel down the track the pressure drops. Now we're in the psi range that delivers the dense volume I want. Starting at 925 will force you to drop real low at mid track and deliver a rich liquid (lower volume) in the intake. Pressure = volume but vapor is less dense so adjust to best suit your setup. I start at 1150 psi, purge at the line so now 1100 and finish at 975 to answer your question.

BTW: The dyno is a completely different setup.

That makes perfect sense. Learned something new today. Thanks Mike

Latest posts

Members online