Nitto Trail Grapplers

morefuel

Reaction score
I'd say try dropping the pressure a little more and put a bunch of weight in the bed and drive a bit and work the sidewalls some. That being said i had a set of tires that i put on just before a trip and they felt sloppy for most of the trip or about 2000 miles. After i hit some curves and pushed it kinda hard they feel great.

ironj

Reaction score
Oh damn...i didnt catch the 9" lift thing.....lol...yeah thats gonna be part of it...i notice it more on my dually with 6" than the srw with 2.5 level.....same tires...and heck the dually has 4 out back!!

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

doo dah

Reaction score
I had Grappler MT 37x13.50s with my 6" lift and loved them. They were a little loose at first but nothing scary. When I sold the lift, wheels and tires I bought factory size 20" G2s and they were loose as well but now are great. This last set is my 5th set of Nittos and you can't beat them for wear or durability. Never had a flat or blowout even with me being in rocks, cactus, and thorny South Texas brush quite a bit. I have had other brands and no complaints other than Goodyears but will always have Nitto on my trucks.

Zmann

Reaction score
"New tire Squirm "
not all tires do it and sometimes it's just the tire truck combo

i have not had a set do it Procomp ext/ Toyo MT /BFG MT/AT
but I have seen people so concerned that they refused to keep the tires

Duratracs were one brand I had see a lot of complaints about

sure messing with PSI will help and wearing them in help

but I wouldn't really want a tire that made me pucker for even a 100 miles ;-)

but with a 9 " lift and 35's you probably pucker around any corner you take fast LOL

junglejoe

Reaction score
Did I see this right? You have a 9" lift with only 35" tires?
Yes.. That is correct. I bought the tires first then decided i wanted to lift it. So one of two things... I have to wait until the 35's is dead or lower the truck. I had no plans to go this high but it happened.
The tires were on first before the lift in case anyone was wondering and the sway was there when I pulled out on the highway from the tire shop.

junglejoe

Reaction score
Its not "to bad" I personally don't like a stuffed fenderwell..

Attachments

• 20161111_154651.jpg
    20161111_154651.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 107

mandkole

Reaction score
I've had tread block squirm with every MT style tire I've had. It was exaggerated with the heavier truck (vs mini trucks back in the day) and noticed it a lot for the first 1000 miles when towing. Heavier rear tire wear as well. They look good but it's my last set.

junglejoe

Reaction score
I've had tread block squirm with every MT style tire I've had. It was exaggerated with the heavier truck (vs mini trucks back in the day) and noticed it a lot for the first 1000 miles when towing. Heavier rear tire wear as well. They look good but it's my last set.
I agree.. Will be my first and last set. of Trail Grapplers for sure!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.