no cruise control - new clock ring installed

n54power

Reaction score
For a better part of a year my airbag light has flashed then stayed on. My horn and cruise worked so I didn't mess with it.
4 days ago the horn and ND cruise stopped working. I installed a new clock ring.
Airbag light is off snd horn works fine but my cruise control still isn't working.
Did I miss a simple step?I know I haven't had the cruise control recall done yet either.
Suggestions

79jasper

Reaction score
Have the recall done, and check the fuse. I think the horn and cruise are on the same fuse (can't remember) but check anyways.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

bluedge8

Reaction score
Do you want to watch your truck burn? It's 10 minutes at the dealer, won't fix the cruise, not sure how to help on that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

n54power

Reaction score
Also,with the new clock ring im.hearing/feeling a slight pop noise when turning lock to loco.
I can't seen to find the CC fuse in the book. I think it's number 43 but I'm not sure.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
get the recall done asap! i wouldn't take a chance with it till then... really be ****ty when you post back here with photos of your truck engulfed in flames...

live life full throttle

n54power

Reaction score
What exactly gets replaced in the recall. I'm cruise control.switch that's mounted on the master cylinder

bluedge8

Reaction score
they literally just add a fuse to a wire by the master that isn't fused, that is why I said it won't fix your cruise. From what I understand the wire can be deteriorated by brake fluid then it can short out and cause the fire we are talking about. So unless the wire is already broken it will not fix your cruise.

n54power

Reaction score
I just replaced this pressure sensor.
Still nothing. I double checked the plugs behind the air bag and under dash.would I need to pull the negative terminal off the batterys to sorta reset everything. I.did the clock spring without pulling the battery terminals

Attachments

• 20150802_135625.jpg
    20150802_135625.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 44

79jasper

Reaction score
I forgot the resistance readings, but you can test the buttons and wires.
I'm not sure if the self test thing works. "sometimes you can "self test" the cruise control buttons by pressing and holding the "off" button while turning the key on.
-the cruise control light should flash a number of times
-then press "on", "resume", "coast", and "set" while watching for the cruise control light to flash after each button press.
-if all the buttons pass the test it will normally self test the control actuator by opening the throttle body(when equipped)
-if anything fails the test it will flash a single digit code that can then be further diaged."

79jasper

Reaction score
It did nothing through that?
I can't see your complete signature, but if it's a zf check the clutch switch.

n54power

Reaction score
Built auto

I'd press and hold on while turning the key to the ON position
Should it be to the on position or to the start position without starting it?

n54power

Reaction score
I'm getting all the current recalls done next monday. The mechanic did say it could effect the cruise control.

I'm wondering if I connected something wrong or of the clock springs was bad out of the box. I also never disconnected the batterys before pulling everything out.

n54power

Reaction score
So today I swapped in another clock spring. The first one was making a weird click noise.
I followed each step from disconnecting batterys to checking each connection.
Horn works,airbag light is off,still no cruise control

ja_cain

Reaction score
I forgot the resistance readings, but you can test the buttons and wires.
I'm not sure if the self test thing works. "sometimes you can "self test" the cruise control buttons by pressing and holding the "off" button while turning the key on.
-the cruise control light should flash a number of times
-then press "on", "resume", "coast", and "set" while watching for the cruise control light to flash after each button press.
-if all the buttons pass the test it will normally self test the control actuator by opening the throttle body(when equipped)
-if anything fails the test it will flash a single digit code that can then be further diaged."

Nice info!

Reaction score
The old recall gave you a harness that has two fuse holders in it. The fuses get corrosion on them and you have no cruise. You can get an updated switch and harness sans the fuses.
It's $20 and change.

Latest posts

Members online