NO FUEL 😕

Jaredkeller96

Reaction score
We'll trucks still not running, replaced fuel bowl, bypassed my selector switch with fuel filters, still no fuel getting to the bowl, prolly just gunna take it somewhere, any ideas?? Hate fuel problems, the fuel pump seemed to be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

bruce

Reaction score
is there any fuel in the tank? idk if its possible but maybe the pick up tube fell off or maybe the mixing chamber screen is very clogged

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
are you E-fuel? for mechanical pump you might try opening the fuel drain valve and pressurizing the fuel filler at the tank with 5-10psi of air to prime the system. filling the tank will also help

kanuck15

Reaction score
If you put filters before the pump thats the issue. You have to run unobstructed line to the draw side of the pump, then filter between the draw side and the high pressure side. Those pumps arent designed to pull that hard

Jaredkeller96

Reaction score
They did just fine on my idi, I'm using the same fuel tank and all, they are just the two end fuel filters, I think my wiring is messed up that's why I can't use the selector

Big Calo

Reaction score
So if I understand right, you are drawing from both tanks at the same time by bypassing the selector switch? Have you tried to only feed from one tank?

Jaredkeller96

Reaction score
Only my front tank is hooked up, previous owner took out the lines for rear tank, bypassed valve, and put two inline filters in, but still no fuel going to fuel bowl,

Big Calo

Reaction score
I'd start by taking at least one or both of those filters off while troubleshooting. If I had a filter per pump it would just be a "rock catcher". Putting fuel in the bowl probably isn't going to do much if you have air in the system. Any way you can get a bottle of diesel and get a hose feed directly to the pump to eliminate any issues with the stock system? If you do that, you may have to hit it with a little starting fluid to get RPMs up enough to prime the pump.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.