No start help

Rmartin-97

Reaction score
I'm workin on a 6.0 it's an 03 he brought it over because it wouldn't start hot so I read the duty cycle and it would go to 85% so I figured a bad oil pump so I put one in it and it still won't start hot. The truck has two year old pennsicola diesel injectors I'm at a loss now. It also wouldn't idle before the oil pump and it does with the new ones. Anyone have any ideas?

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Did you check for high pressure oil leaks? That is probably what it is. I bet if you used a little bit of ether it would start hot.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
It does if you ether it. Where would it leak at? It's starts good cold.
The last two I worked on were the injector D rings which are in the top of the injector and seal the oil rail into the injector. Just pull the valve covers and put air in the ICP sensor hole and listen for leaks , a stethoscope works awesome.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
The last two I worked on were the injector D rings which are in the top of the injector and seal the oil rail into the injector. Just pull the valve covers and put air in the ICP sensor hole and listen for leaks , a stethoscope works awesome.

IPR must be powered or put to 100% DC, or it will drain back through the pump when air testing it.

Rmartin-97

Reaction score
If the truck has a new oil pump really the only other place to leak is te oring on the injectors or the oil rail isn't it?

DMO

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue with a 7.3 new hpop and sensor it hits 175 temp and shuts of like you turned the key off

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Being a 2003 it doesn't have any of that does it?
It has all of that. Here is a 03 6.0 oil rail, stand pipe and hpo hose hooked together I just took a pic of for you. Where ive seen the leaks causing the issue you are having is where the little nipples off the rail sit into the injector bit it can leak at any of the other connections.
75249a6f6269e8a0481d38cf6aaf4dd7.jpg

Rmartin-97

Reaction score
It has all of that. Here is a 03 6.0 oil rail, stand pipe and hpo hose hooked together I just took a pic of for you. Where ive seen the leaks causing the issue you are having is where the little nipples off the rail sit into the injector bit it can leak at any of the other connections.
75249a6f6269e8a0481d38cf6aaf4dd7.jpg

Ok thanks. The guy was also just tellin me it's gettin diesel in the oil to. So ok starting to lean toward the injector orings

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Ok thanks. The guy was also just tellin me it's gettin diesel in the oil to. So ok starting to lean toward the injector orings
The injector o rings that can cause the no start are different than the ones that can cause fuel in the oil. I think I would walk away while u can. Lol. Also the ones that can cause the HPO leak are not replaceable by yourself. Well technically they are but I wouldnt want to try it.

kealiher2004

Reaction score
Make sure if u replace the top oring on the injector u check the ball tube orings. While u are that far in 28$ will save u another headache down the road. I had to replace one of my tubes due to deep groove that wouldnt buff out with emery cloth.

Latest posts

Members online