No start issues

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Pulled the camper down to PC Florida for a week. Got there set up parked the truck over night, next day fired up no problem, drove into town parked it ran in camping world for maybe 20 min came back out with no start. Guys in the rv shop rolled a jump box out there and fired right up. Had no issues the rest of the week. Pulled camper home no issues. This morning remote started the truck it seemed slighty weak. Drove a few miles parked it sat for about 2 hours come out no start again. Hooked my battery tester too both and they read 80 percent. Nothing is on in the truck lights are on auto, no chargers or anything plugged in anywhere. Nothing. Any ideas why?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Did they read 80% while connected together, or separate. You could have one with a shorted cell in it. Or the starter could be dying as well.

How old are the batteries? You may need to have them load tested.

Arconalloy

Reaction score
They were at 80 together, they are two years old. If together they charge to about 90% truck fires no hesitation so possibly rule out starter

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I woyluld be leaning toward 1 battery being bad. Have em tested, and replace both if one fails, otherwise youll be doing the same thing in 6 months or so.

Arconalloy

Reaction score
I woyluld be leaning toward 1 battery being bad. Have em tested, and replace both if one fails, otherwise youll be doing the same thing in 6 months or so.

Hit the nail on the head 6.0 Tech. One battery was all the way down to 300 cca's and putting a hurting on the other.

Latest posts

Members online