Non vgt setup 205/stocks

william_ace

Reaction score
I love the Barder 68mm that I have. You can't go wrong with it. Another option is the KC 68 mm. Heard great things about that one as well, and Charlie is really easy to work with.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
The bigger vgts and tuning have come a long way over the last few years. They spool up very fast and work great with stock nozzles IMO. Some of that has to do with the new vgt options out. But a TON has to do with the amazing tuning that is now available. The new tuning can make the big vgt spool very close to stock but with a ton more power.

I ran 175/stock and my KC 68mm turbo and made 530hp (stock intake, stock fuel, stock tranny, etc)

I don't think you would be disappointing with a bigger vgt

smokedout250

Reaction score
The bigger vgts and tuning have come a long way over the last few years. They spool up very fast and work great with stock nozzles IMO. Some of that has to do with the new vgt options out. But a TON has to do with the amazing tuning that is now available. The new tuning can make the big vgt spool very close to stock but with a ton more power.

I ran 175/stock and my KC 68mm turbo and made 530hp (stock intake, stock fuel, stock tranny, etc)

I don't think you would be disappointing with a bigger vgt

I made 530 on a similar setup with a pmax and billet wheel.... The one thing to keep in mind is the price of a big Vgt... They aren't cheap... You can pick up a smelding kit and s366 for 700$ cheaper.... Or a fmw 362 for 400$ cheaper... I'm sure Matt at ced has the same options for the same price or cheaper....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I made 530 on a similar setup with a pmax and billet wheel.... The one thing to keep in mind is the price of a big Vgt... They aren't cheap... You can pick up a smelding kit and s366 for 700$ cheaper.... Or a fmw 362 for 400$ cheaper... I'm sure Matt at ced has the same options for the same price or cheaper....

Nice! What was your setup? I have done a lot of research and testing on stock nozzles. It is good to see other people having great results. Many people still think their are no gains to be had on stock nozzles.

Do you have a link to the Dyno?

smokedout250

Reaction score
Nice! What was your setup? I have done a lot of research and testing on stock nozzles. It is good to see other people having great results. Many people still think their are no gains to be had on stock nozzles.

Do you have a link to the Dyno?

The dyno is on my phone it was back in September. Mods 175/stock, adp rr, a1000, sump, powermax, riff raff billet wheel, Gearhead tunes, s&b, no limit cold side, php atlas 40. 13.5 for a track time with a massive Exhuast leak fixed by some ede up pipes. Never had a chance to get back to the track due to work.. But I'm betting I could have gotten a 13.2-13.3 truck weighs in at 7800... The Vgt pulled better on the bottom but once my nonvgt lights it's a whole different world...

KCTurbos

Reaction score
The dyno is on my phone it was back in September. Mods 175/stock, adp rr, a1000, sump, powermax, riff raff billet wheel, Gearhead tunes, s&b, no limit cold side, php atlas 40. 13.5 for a track time with a massive Exhuast leak fixed by some ede up pipes. Never had a chance to get back to the track due to work.. But I'm betting I could have gotten a 13.2-13.3 truck weighs in at 7800... The Vgt pulled better on the bottom but once my nonvgt lights it's a whole different world...

Cool thanks. I would love to see the dyno! Send me a pm if you get a chance!

Ya my setup was a little different. I had 175/stock, KC 68mm stage 3 turbo, stock fuel system, No ficm tune, Stock intercooler and piping, stock dirty old OEM air filter. My tuners kept telling me to add a ficm tune and it would really help.

I agree with the vgt vs non-vgt anology. The vgt builds boost sooner and exponentially and then looses a little bit up top. Non-vgt will build boost a little later and more linearly... but they do flow more up top. Different strokes for different folks.

For my type of daily driving around a big city... Nothing beats the quick spooling vgt.

smokedout250

Reaction score
Yes I traded my setup to Loboost on here he needed a tow friendly setup and I wanted more power lol I miss the little powermax at times but once the big Vgt is lit... I love it...

Kc turbo, the one thing I forgot to mention was the track times where before the full fuel system, and billet turbo wheel. It was a great dd setup! Vgts are great I just wanted to post up both sides and I'm a firm believe in nozzles... They help a lot on the top end of things in my experience!

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Oh, I am a firm believer in nozzles. I added just nozzles to the setup above and gained 59hp. (175/stock vs 175/75) But my egts went up all the way around, if I did it again I would have went with 175/30.

I believe picking the right size nozzle is much more important than your injector body size. Understanding the internals of the injector and how it dumps fuel can really help to improve a setup

Latest posts

Members online