Normal 6.4 behavior

Reaction score
Well I was driving my 08 f250 with 60k on the clock tonight and when I got home I just took a look at my CCV reroute outlet under the truck and notice a lot more oil residue than it ever has had. It has always had a lot of blow by but I figured it normal for a 6.4 since the ring gap on the pistons. But It has never had enough oil residue to make a drip like it is doing now. I bought the truck in Oct with 58k, tuned & deleted the day I brought it home, it now has 62k. Is it a possible start to a cracked piston or only normal??

Dzchey21

Reaction score
If you have a cracked piston you will also have a puff that varies from the normal steady stream that comes out, a pulse if you will

Reaction score
Okay that makes sense. I don't remember seeing any odd pulses it was pretty steady just had more oil than normal enough to make a drip whereas before the tube was basically clean. p.s I cant stop laughin at your avatar man.... brings back memories of our old Ford windstar :naughty:

Smokyred

Reaction score
Mine has 93k on it and no oil or noticeable blowby coming out. It didn't even have much coming out when it was dyno'ed. Mine has only been deleted for maybe 3k miles.

Dave

Latest posts