Nozzles...30s vs 60s

MINK

Reaction score
Stock fuel with the addition of ported rails, whats your thoughts? Looking to be in the 650-700hp range...Or dont waist my money and roll with the stock nozzles?

Not looking to dumb thousands into the fuel system at this time..

jdgleason

Reaction score
Personally I think I would do a fuel system, maybe the DIY pump when it comes out and some 60 horse nozzles since the price just dropped...

Reaction score
I do not think they make 30HP nozzles. If you did 60HP nozzles with stock fuel, they will probably net you about 30HP on a lower PW tune so you can still maintain rail pressure.

David S.

Reaction score
I'm getting some Elite 15% over stock nozzles this weekend from MPD. I didn't think that they made anything smaller than a 60hp either until I saw these up for sale. Alot cheaper too and hopefully it'll bump me into the 600 range with stock turbos

MINK

Reaction score
I do not think they make 30HP nozzles. If you did 60HP nozzles with stock fuel, they will probably net you about 30HP on a lower PW tune so you can still maintain rail pressure.

MPD sells a 30%, If nozzles arnt going to benefit me on the x-race file then I supose I'll hold off?

I simply figured while I was doing the headgaskets I'd go ahead and do a small nozzle upgrade in hopes of that little extra power, but maybe not all that worth it?

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Isn't there a guy on here that just did a single turbo that did 60's, ported rails, an Air Dog, and the fuel bowl delete? I think he is maintaining 25,000 no problem with no custom tuning. I think Craig may have tried that setup with his 66 right before he went to the 75 and he had no problems holding rail pressure with Eric's tunes.

I think the ported rails and fuel bowl delete are key to making it work.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
The pw that is used on xrace basically maxes out a stock pump on stock injectors, and thats with a good pump. Any bigger nozzle may not maintain pressure but i dont know, if its a true 15% nozzle then it MIGHT work on xrace

There will always be power to be had with a bigger nozzle and less pw, if you can clean more pw or maintain more pw, even more power.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Isn't there a guy on here that just did a single turbo that did 60's, ported rails, an Air Dog, and the fuel bowl delete? I think he is maintaining 25,000 no problem with no custom tuning. I think Craig may have tried that setup with his 66 right before he went to the 75 and he had no problems holding rail pressure with Eric's tunes.

I think the ported rails and fuel bowl delete are key to making it work.

custom tuning probably doesnt call for much pulse width i would be willing to bet that standard sct pw is only 1.5-1.7 ish, erics is 2.25

benbou00

Reaction score
MPD sells a 30%, If nozzles arnt going to benefit me on the x-race file then I supose I'll hold off?

I'm pretty sure the 30% nozzles mpd offers equals to elite's 60s and 15% would be 30hp. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

MINK

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the 30% nozzles mpd offers equals to elite's 60s and 15% would be 30hp. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I was affraid of that, wish we had a universal way to measure from all vendors etc.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
When I was using erics xrace and the canned race sct tune I held pressure with a air dog pumping direct to my hpfp with ported rails, I could only stay in it for just over an 1/8 mile.. due to road length... Haha I'm sure someones not gonna like that.. once I figure my trucks issue I will keep ya updated on how it holds out to 1/4 mile... But through the 1/8 it didn't drop at all

MINK

Reaction score
When I was using erics xrace and the canned race sct tune I held pressure with a air dog pumping direct to my hpfp with ported rails, I could only stay in it for just over an 1/8 mile.. due to road length... Haha I'm sure someones not gonna like that.. once I figure my trucks issue I will keep ya updated on how it holds out to 1/4 mile... But through the 1/8 it didn't drop at all

and thats with 60s? Let us know how it works out forsure.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
But not with the canned tunes. It won't use any of the fuel on those will it? I am sure it would require Eric's tunes to make use of the fuel, then probably would see fuel pressure issues.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.