Nozzles...30s vs 60s

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Are there any downsides to going with a set of 60hp injectors? Since I have will have the turbos off soon, I was just thinking about the fuel side of things. How do the injectors run on lower tunes? Would I need custom tunes, or could I run the standard Spartan 250/275, ect?

jdgleason

Reaction score
Are there any downsides to going with a set of 60hp injectors? Since I have will have the turbos off soon, I was just thinking about the fuel side of things. How do the injectors run on lower tunes? Would I need custom tunes, or could I run the standard Spartan 250/275, ect?

There really shouldnt be any downside. The one downside i could see is not being able to run the big pulsewidth tunes with out draining the rail (unless you have a full fuel system). However, you should be able to pick up some power in the lower tunes and have a much stronger mid range. In addition, you should get some better fuel atomization due to the 8 hole nozzle vs the 6.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
There really shouldnt be any downside. The one downside i could see is not being able to run the big pulsewidth tunes with out draining the rail (unless you have a full fuel system). However, you should be able to pick up some power in the lower tunes and have a much stronger mid range. In addition, you should get some better fuel atomization due to the 8 hole nozzle vs the 6.

I have the tow power Atmos only sitting here. My thought is to do the Elite 60hp injectors and the ported fuel rails while the turbos are off. Seems like if I am gong to do it, now would be the time... Then just run a smaller tune until I get the Airdog and airdog upgrade done.

jdgleason

Reaction score
I have the tow power Atmos only sitting here. My thought is to do the Elite 60hp injectors and the ported fuel rails while the turbos are off. Seems like if I am gong to do it, now would be the time... Then just run a smaller tune until I get the Airdog and airdog upgrade done.

Sounds like a good plan! Let me know if you need anything!

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Update on my Nozzels.... Just to refresh for those of us who dont like going back and reading...single 66... Ported rails, fuel bowl delete, airdog, I can hold pressure on my rail woth this set up on the h&s hot damn tune... Egts are only 1250.... I'm not sure what pulse width was I will check that out... And i cant read desired pressure with my minimaxx, as far as the extra fuel goes.... ir its your daily driver and your going to be running anything other then h&s(just for shift on the fly reasons) I wouldn't get Nozzels.. if i have my truck on anything but no power it hazzes atidel and it smokes enpugh just crusing I'm sure a cop would give me a slip to get smog tested.....

MINK

Reaction score
Update on my Nozzels.... Just to refresh for those of us who dont like going back and reading...single 66... Ported rails, fuel bowl delete, airdog, I can hold pressure on my rail woth this set up on the h&s hot damn tune... Egts are only 1250.... I'm not sure what pulse width was I will check that out... And i cant read desired pressure with my minimaxx, as far as the extra fuel goes.... ir its your daily driver and your going to be running anything other then h&s(just for shift on the fly reasons) I wouldn't get Nozzels.. if i have my truck on anything but no power it hazzes atidel and it smokes enpugh just crusing I'm sure a cop would give me a slip to get smog tested.....

Thanks for the update! I decided against a larger nozzle this time around.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.