OBS chassis configurations

noahserynek

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I JUST joined about 5 minutes ago, so I apologize if I've posted this thread in the wrong section...

I need some help finding info on factory Ford chassis configurations. Or maybe you guys would have the answers I'm lookin for....
I am looking for a 95-97 Powerstroke pickup---standard cab, 4 wheel drive, dually. The info I've come across so far says this configuration was never offered from Ford. But, I'm unsure if this covers IDIs as well as OBS Powerstrokes.
I've seen some on Craigslist, but they're either gasjobs, cab n chassis trucks, or 2wd diesels.

So I've been considering buying a SRW and converting to dually, or buying a gasjob and converting it to diesel.

Guys thanks for any help you can give me. If I'm in the wrong area, please re-direct me.

THANKS,
Noah

noahserynek

Reaction score
Thats what I'm thinkin too.
Bad part about that is a cab and chassis frame is longer, so if you put a dually pickup bed on a CnC frame, you get a 5" gap behind cab to front of bed. I've seen a couple like that on Craigslist, dont really care for the gap.

97powerstroke

Reaction score
You could only get a 4x4 dually in a cab and chassis configuration. The cab a chassis dually rear is also narrower than a regular truck rear. The easiest way to make a 4x4 dually would be to find a single wheel rear truck you like and buy a bed, rear and the hubs for the front rear and swap it all in.

noahserynek

Reaction score
Thanks for the info!! Thats kinda what i suspected, thanks for clearing that up guys.

Looks like a SRW 4wd is what Im gonna be searchin for then. Too bad the 4wd PSDs arent as clean as all the 2wd trucks floatin around, atleast not in my area...

noahserynek

Reaction score
Northwest Indiana.

All the 4wd trucks are more expensive, even though they're rustier and have way higher mileage. 2wd trucks around here are usually very clean and cheap.
I understand four wheel drive is a premium for sure, but I think its nuts when guys ask $5K+ for a rusty 4wd with 250K miles.

Skyrocketing prices are what drove me away from the Cummins camp. Just sold my 2002 Cummins a few months ago, and I cant afford to get another one.
Atleast the older Fords havent gone to older Cummins price range yet...

Latest posts

Members online