obs motor into a SD

Jarrod B

Reaction score
Question... Have you ever done this swap? Do you know anything about it other then what you read on the internet?

Only thing I swapped was the water pump... And that was because the OBS one was leaking...

I have torn down my obs 7.3 down to the block a few times. Then sold it and got a sd 7.3. I know what I said has a lot of unnecessary work but it just depends on the condition of both. They are basically the same engines with some minor differences.

iPhone

Big Bore

Reaction score
Question... Have you ever done this swap? Do you know anything about it other then what you read on the internet?

Only thing I swapped was the water pump... And that was because the OBS one was leaking...

You didn't swap the pass exhaust manifold?

But yea, not much has to be changed over.

Oh, fuel fittings lol!!!! Didn't see that mentioned.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
You didn't swap the pass exhaust manifold?

But yea, not much has to be changed over.

Oh, fuel fittings lol!!!! Didn't see that mentioned.

I didn't go into exact detail...

My motor did not have exhaust manifolds or an oil cooler on it... Then I swapped my fuel system, turbo, manifolds, HPOP, injectors, intake manifolds, and assorted other odds and ends...

However the fact remains... You can use an OBS motor without changing much of anything.

Jarrod B

Reaction score
I didn't go into exact detail...

My motor did not have exhaust manifolds or an oil cooler on it... Then I swapped my fuel system, turbo, manifolds, HPOP, injectors, intake manifolds, and assorted other odds and ends...

However the fact remains... You can use an OBS motor without changing much of anything.

Just change the badge and it works lol

iPhone

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
I will be upgrading so fuel system and all that will be after market. May end up with a bare longblock and put all my stuff on it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.