obs serpetine belt

thatsmokinobs

Reaction score
Dumb question, is the tensioner on obs trucks turned by a torx bit? I know the superdutys are turned by a half inch drive and I figured my truck would be too. Seems like the torx would be easily stripped out

Magnum PD

Reaction score
To take off the tensioner, yes torx wrench. To loosen the belt 1/2" drive wrench

Bugman

Reaction score
To remove the belt you will need a 15mm socket and a breaker bar. Place the socket onto the bolt head on the pulley on the tensioner and pull it towards the passenger side of the vehicle. It is best if there are 2 of you but one person can do it.

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
To remove the belt you will need a 15mm socket and a breaker bar. Place the socket onto the bolt head on the pulley on the tensioner and pull it towards the passenger side of the vehicle. It is best if there are 2 of you but one person can do it.

Really? 2 people?! That's like saying you need 2 people to move a bag of concrete

Bugman

Reaction score
Really? 2 people?! That's like saying you need 2 people to move a bag of concrete

It is the awkwardness of releasing the tension on the belt and then either removing or replacing the belt with only one hand where a extra person comes in handy.

And some people do need help in moving a bag of concrete.

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
It is the awkwardness of releasing the tension on the belt and then either removing or replacing the belt with only one hand where a extra person comes in handy.

And some people do need help in moving a bag of concrete.

I was just seriously wondering, because I've never had help

***k osha lol. Only reason someone needs help to do that hahahaha