obs turbo options and questions

d.j.pherigo

Reaction score
I have a 96 7.3 with a shot turbo. I have recently put in RCD stage 2 injectors. I also have aftermarket exhaust, and air dog fuel system, fully built trans, and ts-6 chip that will be sent off for customs tunes once the truck is back together. The truck is used mainly as a tow vehicle lugging around a 16ft box trailer with tools or a flat bed with a jeep cherokee on it. I'm not looking to make 10,000 hp, just want something that is reliable and going to benefit the truck when there is a trailer behind it.

questions-
is getting my turbo rebuilt an option?
a reman oem turbo?
d66?

anything other option out there....money is a factor in my case, cheaper the better.

Tom S

Reaction score
How long did the stocker last with that size injector?

Yes the stocker can be rebuilt, cost will cary depending on if the wheels contacted the housings.

baderic03

Reaction score
do something like a d66 or just order new up pipes from jake at irate and run a s366 it will last alot longer and help egts with the bigger turbine side and keep everything happy

freddie

Reaction score
Buy my qssb, it'd go great with those injectors :)

Posted from my Thunderbolt
Freddie

freddie

Reaction score
Thanks! Let me know if we can work something out

Posted from my Thunderbolt
Freddie

d.j.pherigo

Reaction score
tore the truck down, replaced the injectors, and doing the turbo at the same time, so 0 miles.

d.j.pherigo

Reaction score
thanks for the input, I found a used one local that im going to run untill I can afford a complete upgrade to include an i/c and all that fun stuff. Thanks for the input again.

Latest posts

Members online