Odd Sound at RPM

tbsimmons

Reaction score
When I went and checked out the shop and Eric's truck they had the cab off on another one and above the frame. Lighting did suck. I was going to do this myself but I switched schedules 2 months ago to 3 and 1 from 2 and 2. So not enough time on days off to complete it. Since 2 weeks ago my truck is the 4th 6.4 they have pulled the cab on.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Well going to pick the truck up today. Got a free day from work.
Wish the big bitch luck. Hope everything goes well.
More so pray the trans lives for a little while.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Well drove the truck about 150 miles yesterday.
I usually had the Innovative Tow Tune loaded all the time with the stock turbos.
That tune does not have enough off idle fuel. Once you are moving you are fine though.
I switched to the Xtreme Street for the drive. Much better. Runs really cool too. Cruising at 65, I have 4.88 gears so remember my RPM is much higher than most, EGTs were in the 560-580 range. Boost was lower also than before which was a little odd to me. Taking off normal with stock turbos the Xtreme Street would put a pretty good puff of smoke. With these it is a lot less, they spool really quick. The other thing is that these turbos will peg the boost gauge quick.
59 and 73 Turbos are great in my opinion so far. I will post what I think of them towing when I go on days off is a couple of weeks.
I am going to tow the fiver on the Street tune now just to get some more fuel off idle than the tow tune.
This truck is a monster now. If anyone was debating on Turbos quit and do them. WOW.
The No Limit Intake is really nice with these Turbos. Sounds great!!!! They do whistle a little out the exhaust. But really cant tell a difference in sound at idle.
Driving you can, but mostly from the intake. Other than the intake sound the noise is not any louder in the cab.
Power is really different. It honestly feels like the truck easily lost 2000#.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Isn't it nice that you can step up that much in charger size and not lose any street manners? I think upgrading turbos is a no brainer. I'm glad it's working out for ya! Its night and day with the added air.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
It is nice. Compounds are great more so bigger ones. I am sure the thing is going to be a beast towing the fiver. Will find out in a couple of weeks.
I will let everyone know how it does and temps.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Here are some numbers with the turbos, unloaded driving with the X-Street.
Max BP I saw was just over 500 KPP, subtract 100 for atmosphere, 400 KPA, so BP was in the 58 PSI range with 48-49 PSI of boost not too bad.
I know the lie-o-meter isn't true but for it to say 19 mpg before I had to hold 55 mph on cruise and don't touch the throttle now it will say higher than that driving 65-70 so the chargers are more efficient.
The only thing I have found is idle EGT when it is cold outside is not high enough the truck will surge a little. Put into gear, EGT comes up and the truck is normal.
Overall these turbos are great.

Towing today on the Street tune over some 7+% stuff so I will post the BP and EGT's. EGT's I am not worried about, BP though I bet is going to be the same with the stock chargers when I towed on the street tune and it would hit 50 PSI of boost.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
She is a beast. TC is slipping some when locked in high gear and climbing the hills that used to cause a downshift and me pushing it pretty good to stay at 55, the big butt truck just grunts over. Seems like the truck isnt even working hard.
Max BP - 490 (Take off atmosphere, so 390 which is 56 psi)
Max Boost - 45
Max EGT - 1100 (I loaded up the truck, took it out of Tow Haul going slow in high gear to see how high it would go, 1320)
Max ECT - 218
Max EOT - 225
Truck is amazing. Need a TC now if I dont let the truck downshift on the steeper stuff.
Need to run the later lock trans file. The Street tune doesnt have enough fuel down low to keep the chargers spooled up if your driving normal towing. If you are in it pretty good before it shifts its fine.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Nice! Glad to hear its running like a champ. Just be careful once you get a TC you will probably find the next weak link. Probably an input shaft, but it seems like you drive very conservative so it might last awhile.

Latest posts

Members online