Oil change

Jmac204

Reaction score
I have a 2006 power smoke and it's about due for an oil change, when I bought it the guy had the dealership change it and I wanna do it myself just wondering what's been a good oil to run for everyone, I live in North Dakota so it gets below zero and the truck sits outside most of the time, so basically a good oil to run in the winter time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

webb06

Reaction score
Schaeffers 9000 series 5w-40 is what I would recommend. It's a full synthetic. Whatever you run id make sure it's full synthetic though.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Rotella T6. Also a full synthetic. Been using it since I bought mine. I typically treat it with Rev-X once in late fall/early winter, just for good measure.

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
There's PLENTY of good synthetics out there that will work great. Find out what's easily found locally and don't be afraid to try different brands.

Jmac204

Reaction score
That rev x you just dump in the oil then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

msmith

Reaction score
Like HeavyAssault said, a good synthetic. Seems Rotella T6 is popular, probably because it is readily available at Walley World.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Like HeavyAssault said, a good synthetic. Seems Rotella T6 is popular, probably because it is readily available at Walley World.

Availability is a big reason I use T6. It doesn't hurt that it goes on sale all the time and can be had for as little as $18 a gallon if you catch it right.

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.