Oil Cooler Options

HD-tech-NH

Reaction score
Over the last few months I've been noticing an increase in oil temperature and ECT EOT delta. I'm ready to start planning to replace my oil cooler. As it is now I see 194 coolant 199 oil temp. When cruising on the highway over 80 mph the delta will increase to 9-10. Long story short what are my best options and what are some good peripheral upgrades while the truck is apart? I was thinking of the MPD plate with remote oil filter housing and cooler. Any thoughts much appreciated! FWIW truck has 85k coolant was flushed at 40k.

silver6four

Reaction score
going off my h&s readouts your a tad cooler than me.. i usually run about 199-203 oil temps as high as 207 in 95 plus degree temps and typically about 4-7 degrees cooler on coolant temp.. i deleted at 27000 and am currently at 56000..oil chnages at 7500 dont tow with truck..

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
I usually run EOT 199-203 unloaded with a decent right foot, cruise at 110-120km/h puts me in 199-201 depending on ambient, in the summer 201-203. Throw a 4k dump trailer and 1-2k load in it and I usually run 201-205 with a soft right foot below 90km, 205-209 if I am heavy into the right foot and hitting highway, trailer has tall front so get some good drag on it. ECT never more than 5-7 delta it seems unless an issue pops up.

If I was going with an oil cooler kit I would seriously consider the half kit that is available, seems to have great results, simple install without pulling everything apart (unless your in there already).
http://www.bulletproofdiesel.com/product_p/90409000.htm

I like MPD's block off plate, I think I would get a little carried away if I was going that far tho :p BD is likely a little lighter on the wallet.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
I ended up buying a van remote oil filter housing and the adapter fitting for it from MPD along with their air to oil cooler. Will most likely be installing it next summer. I like it because it's simple, easy to install and not terribly expensive with the MPD oil cooler relocate plate.

Latest posts

Members online