Oil filter relocation: Same for 6.0 and 6.4???

G Racing

Reaction score
I saw pics of the plate. How will the fuel filter housing be supported? It looks like he had two ports in the top. Does that mean a new fuel filter relocate kit as well?

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I saw pics of the plate. How will the fuel filter housing be supported? It looks like he had two ports in the top. Does that mean a new fuel filter relocate kit as well?

We talked about it, it's just a matter tackeling them one at a time, I know I want to do one for sure. But the machinist will only do a minimum of so many at a time and it ain't cheap lol.

I'm sure once these are released he will start working on something for the fuel bowls.

G Racing

Reaction score
Let me rephrase. The fuel filter housing is attatched to the oil filter housing. It appears that the block off plate has no provision to re use the factory oil/fuel filter housing. This would require a fuel filter relocate kit. I would hate to install one only to Find out that I couldn't use the factory fuel filter housing. Compaired to let's say the. Bullet proof oil cooler relocate kit. It relocates the oil cooler and does away with the factory oil
Filter and replaces it with a spin on. The block off plate is designed so that you can reinstall the factory oil/fuel filter housing so you can maintain the factory fuel
Filter but deletes the factory oil filter.

Last edited:

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
On the 6.0 yes you would on the 6.4 you wouldn't. You have to cut the fuel bowl off the oil filter housing. The full kit I'm sure will have a solution for that but the plate will just be DIY. It's still in the early stages and we have to sort the rest out still. I'm sure a bracket will most likely be the solution though.

onebadf150

Reaction score
Just checking. So we would have to cut the fuel filter housing off and figure a way to secure it to something.

Let me rephrase. The fuel filter housing is attatched to the oil filter housing. It appears that the block off plate has no provision to re use the factory oil/fuel filter housing. This would require a fuel filter relocate kit. I would hate to install one only to Find out that I couldn't use the factory fuel filter housing. Compaired to let's say the. Bullet proof oil cooler relocate kit. It relocates the oil cooler and does away with the factory oil
Filter and replaces it with a spin on. The block off plate is designed so that you can reinstall the factory oil/fuel filter housing so you can maintain the factory fuel
Filter but deletes the factory oil filter.

Come on it's doug developing this product he doesn't half ass anything. When the product is ready to be released I'm sure he would have thought of everything. DIY means figure it out yourself the plate is only a piece to the puzzle. If you want to see the whole picture you will have to wait.

G Racing

Reaction score
I'm not going to buy a half finished, piece it together, cut what you have and try to make it work. Nor would anyone else. It doesn't matter who makes it.

G Racing

Reaction score
To the op. sorry for the derail. If the filter manifold matches the relocation one that you are looking at from the van then it should work just fine. If you want the posts cleaned up just let a mod know.

derrick36

Reaction score
To the op. sorry for the derail. If the filter manifold matches the relocation one that you are looking at from the van then it should work just fine. If you want the posts cleaned up just let a mod know.

No need to apologize. There's still a relavent conversation going on here.

Arctic Fox

Reaction score
So we would have to cut the fuel filter housing off and figure a way to secure it to something.

Could use the van fuel filter housing, looks like they were designed to be bolted to a bracket, with 2 tapped holes on the side (I have not looked at a van to see how or where they actually mount).

derrick36

Reaction score
Well, if my internet was working better I could probably find more info.
For the 6.0 guys it looks like Ford has a separate part number for the fuel filter housing on the E-series vans. 3C3Z-9H529-A is what I came up with.

There's one for sale on Ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-10-Ford-...-Fuel-Filter-Housing-/220840914321#vi-content

$(KGrHqN,!g8E456wPPHsBOV6I,y(n!~~60_12.jpg

I'm not sure what else is needed, but that is a good start if you didn't want to cut your old housing up.

Last edited:

G Racing

Reaction score
From ford that number pulls up an ipr filter and o- ring kit. I get 4C2Z9A335AA for the mounting bracket and 4C2Z9C166AA for the housing assembly.

derrick36

Reaction score
From ford that number pulls up an ipr filter and o- ring kit. I get 4C2Z9A335AA for the mounting bracket and 4C2Z9C166AA for the housing assembly.

Yeah, I started seeing that when I was searching google this morning but my internet was being a b!tch and not letting click any links.

I'm sure your numbers are more correct than mine. I was just going off of what was posted on that ebay ad.

Sahrens0202

Reaction score
Doug over at GoGo is making us some plates to do these deletes, he made a trial run of one yesterday but wants to change some stuff for the production ones. Then its just a matter of getting lines and a filter base, we were thinking of using one that would use the 7.3 oil filters. If it all works out as planned it will be a reasonably priced and well put together kit.
This would be cool! Can you maybe have a option to put a pressure gauge in there some where to since we don't have one?? Maybe a remote one or something so we can read it in the cab?

Arctic Fox

Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.