Oil leak

jban126_f350

Reaction score
I noticed an oil leak in my driveway today seems like its coming from the torque converter cover behind the oil pan but it is motor oil. Just put a new transmission in about two months ago and the rear main seal looks fine. Just curious because I've never noticed any oil leaks on my truck before. Any help would be great.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Check the valley, specifically the turbo pedestal.

:whs:

It is usually from the turbo pedestal, or somewhere on/around the HPOP. If oil is in the front of the valley, it is likely HPOP related. If oil is contained to the rear of the valley, it is probably from the turbo pedestal.

jban126_f350

Reaction score
actually that could be it because i just swapped my turbo with the d66 (early 99) and the new turbo does have a EBPV but i never swapped my pedestal to a non-EBPV. could that be it? i was planning on replacing it anyways eventually. thanks for your help

jban126_f350

Reaction score
that could be it because i just swapped my turbo with the d66 (early 99) and the new turbo does have a EBPV but i never swapped my pedestal to a non-EBPV. could that be it? i was planning on replacing it anyways eventually. thanks for your help

ToMang07

Reaction score
that could be it because i just swapped my turbo with the d66 (early 99) and the new turbo does have a EBPV but i never swapped my pedestal to a non-EBPV. could that be it? i was planning on replacing it anyways eventually. thanks for your help

Did you use new o-rings?

Did the pedestal you're using now leak before you installed it?

sent while swerving into the wrong lane...

jban126_f350

Reaction score
as far as i know it didnt leak before but yes i used new o-rings but is it a good idea to swap to a non-EBPV pedestal now that my turbo doesnt have a EBPV or Wastegate?

nasty6.6

Reaction score
If the pedestal leaks will it run down the side of the bellhousing or can it get inside the housing and run out the bottum?

Arisley

Reaction score
If the pedestal leaks will it run down the side of the bellhousing or can it get inside the housing and run out the bottum?

There is a hole (drain) in the valley. Anything that goes down the drain goes inside the bell housing and out the bottom.

I would run a delete pedestal just to be safe.

A delete pedestal will not account for leaking O-rings. If they leak, it will run out the bottom of the bell housing.

Latest posts

Members online