Oil temp question

WYO7.3

Reaction score
Hey guys I know this topic has been beat to death but I have some unloaded oil temperature questions. My trucks at 2012 F-450 with 4.30 gears. My question is I see oil temps upwards of 230 degrees and coolant temperatures are right around 210 degrees. These temperatures are cruising 80 to 85 on the interstate, granted this is a welding truck that is pushing 14000 pounds. I use Rotella T6 and Factory filters. Egts are always within check never above 1250 degrees. Am I being anal or could this be an underlying issue? The trucks closing in on 100000 miles and deeeleeeted 98% of its life. I appreciate any input.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I personally wouldn't be the least bit worried.....

But there is another option... slow down. Your heavy with a lincoln and 2000lbs of leads with several bottle and a very heavy custom bed I'm sure!!! Just because the truck CAN do it doesn't mean you SHOULD do it.

Last edited:

WYO7.3

Reaction score
I figured it would be ok. It's just so damn tempting to be heavy on the skinny pedal after a 80 hour week to haul azz home to see the family for a day. It doesn't help wyoming upped the speed limits (70 hwy and 80 interstate). I have some parts at the house to ditch the paperweight on the passenger side valve cover would that help coolant temps any? My understanding is that the coolant has a lot of duties on these pickups and maybe alleviating some heat transfer coming from the cooler would help? Reliability it key is this line of work expecially the way oil prices are now couple days of down time on the truck adds up quickly.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.