Old truck flooded, help with new.

Ice Cream Sammich

Reaction score
Howdy all,
I downsized last year from a 2011 F250 to a 2015 F150. Over the past few months I actually purchased a larger boat and a larger pipe trailer and started to regret that decision. Two weeks ago, Denham Springs had a 1000 year flood and my house (6' above previous record flood) got 3' of water. My truck got the same treatment, so now I am heading back to yall!

I was looking at a 2017 F250 KR. My dealer got one, called me, and had to send it back before I got there. The sales manager is speculating that Ford recognized an issue with the 2017s and are calling all of them back. This is the second time this has happened to them this week.

Now, I am looking at 2016 F250s/350s. I found a 2016 F350 that is 10.5k off MSRP. I know that they knock more off at the end of the year, but I need a truck here and now. Now, a few questions:

What are yall seeing knocked off Platinums with the Powerstroke?

The F350 has a pretty good rake, but I do not want to do a full 2.5" like my last one. It requires a good bit of spacers and extenders. What if I went with a 1.5" or 2.0" leveling kit available from PMF? Can I get away with just the coil spacer for this little amount of lift? I would like to do a full Carli down the road, but I want to run 295/60r20s for the time being.

I plan on running a Road Armor bumper too since I have acquired a 12k winch from a buddy. This will drop the front down even further. Part of why I am considering the 2.0" over the 1.5" spacer. If I went with spacers, what other parts would I need? I know that getting in touch with PMF directly would be best, but please help refresh my memory.

Thanks for all the help and sorry for the long post!

Ice Cream Sammich

Reaction score
Update. Put a deposit down on a 2016 F250 KR Monotone today. Picking her up tomorrow. I am still wondering about the slight leveling kit. 1.5-2" to help keep the nose up when I put the Road Armor bumper on it.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
The amount of spring compression will depend on the weight rating of them. This is typically dictated by the suspension package on the truck - camper, snow plow prep, etc. Might be worth hanging the amount of weight of the bumper and winch off the front then jack up the front until you feel it looks good to you. Or drive up on a 2x? and see if a 1.5" is enough.

I would believe that added front weight, standard springs and a 2.5" spacer will probably be pretty close to level on a F250.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Sorry, but I'm not smart enough to know if that option affects the springs. I would guess that it would though. Especially being a short box 10K GVW.

Ice Cream Sammich

Reaction score
I am in the same exact boat. I figured it would, but not sure. I will get more information tomorrow from the dealer. I wont be anywhere near the max capacity, so I didn't scrutinize it the other day when I test drove it.

Ice Cream Sammich

Reaction score
I got a hair over that. Going to pick it up now. Is Trevor still with Pmf? I'll have to pm him later if so.

Latest posts

Members online