Opinions, should i color match bumpers????

CUZICAN

Reaction score
Yes i am gonna colormatch the bumpers and the grill surround for sure, any pics of any color matched trucks??

Not the best pics, but color matched front & rear bumpers, grill shell, and tailgate handle.

100_3110_zpsc4f203c0.jpg

100_3116_zpse17e991f.jpg

38bfd30ced5324584fc75e6cd6b7cac9_zps76c14196.jpg

CUZICAN

Reaction score
Damn tht looks so clean man props

Thanks

Looks great! How much did ya get charged if you don't mind me asking?

Used front XL bumper $150
Used rear King Ranch bumper $175 (couldn't use an XL bumper because I have sensors, or I could have saved a couple more bucks)
Paintable grill shell $145

Found a local painter to paint it on the side, he charged me...
Front & rear bumpers $200
Grill shell and smooth a paint the tailgate handle $125

So all in all, about $800 + approx. $7 for a can of plasti-dip for the center bars.

ftast350

Reaction score
Thanks

Used front XL bumper $150
Used rear King Ranch bumper $175 (couldn't use an XL bumper because I have sensors, or I could have saved a couple more bucks)
Paintable grill shell $145

Found a local painter to paint it on the side, he charged me...
Front & rear bumpers $200
Grill shell and smooth a paint the tailgate handle $125

So all in all, about $800 + approx. $7 for a can of plasti-dip for the center bars.

How come you went with the "paintable" bumpers and grille and didn't paint over the chrome?

HPGod

Reaction score
Definitely match them. I have a black truck so I just had them wrapped in a back metallic vinyl. Grill surround, front and rear bumper, mirror caps and sides of my steps.

CUZICAN

Reaction score
Painting over chrome is one of those debated subjects, I've heard people say that they have painted over chrome and had no problems, but I've tried it several times on past vehicles, with different painters and never had any luck. It always seems to get chipped up/flake off a lot easier, than when I finally get fed up with the chipping and do it all over again with paintable parts. Every time the painter tells me the same thing as the last painter, "If done right, it'll be fine. The last guy didn't know what he was doing, I can make it stick", but then it's exactly the same problem. This time I said screw it and bought the paintable parts and did it right the first time.

ftast350

Reaction score
Painting over chrome is one of those debated subjects, I've heard people say that they have painted over chrome and had no problems, but I've tried it several times on past vehicles, with different painters and never had any luck. It always seems to get chipped up/flake off a lot easier, than when I finally get fed up with the chipping and do it all over again with paintable parts. Every time the painter tells me the same thing as the last painter, "If done right, it'll be fine. The last guy didn't know what he was doing, I can make it stick", but then it's exactly the same problem. This time I said screw it and bought the paintable parts and did it right the first time.

Good to know!!!! Thanks!

truckman1974

Reaction score
I guess I'm just a sucker for Chrome....I REALLY like the painted to match stuff, but for some reason the chrome just has a more classy feeling to me. I'm just gonna stick with the chrome........hellz, I might add some more! lol

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Chrome is great. It's one of my favorite colors. But to much in one place can make a vehicle look tacky. It has to be placed well to make a vehicle look classy. Huge chrome mirror cover bug shields and vent visors make a truck look tacky not classy. Classy is chrome where it is needed. Like some nice wheels or even the grille and bumpers. But it's just to much on the front of these new trucks if you ask me. A ptm grill surround really helps break it up.

Sent from my I fone 5

swinky

Reaction score
Chrome is great. It's one of my favorite colors. But to much in one place can make a vehicle look tacky. It has to be placed well to make a vehicle look classy. Huge chrome mirror cover bug shields and vent visors make a truck look tacky not classy. Classy is chrome where it is needed. Like some nice wheels or even the grille and bumpers. But it's just to much on the front of these new trucks if you ask me. A ptm grill surround really helps break it up.

Sent from my I fone 5
Completely agreed.

Too much chrome is way uglier than too much paint.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.