Ouo joint

13farm

Reaction score
Can anyone explain to me that has used or installed one of one up offroads trac bar joint how it is more stable than the original ball joint. From what I can tell it is a uniball design is this correct. I can't get a response frome Jared at midwest diesel. I'm just trying to figure out how to explain it to the dealership so I can try and get one installed instead of the factory joint.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Sorry I just saw this and your pm. I took a late lunch and we've been pretty tied down here for the past hour and a half since i sent you the install break down..

Would you prefer to discuss in here or via PM?

13farm

Reaction score
I guess on here so others can see more info about this joint and how it's supposed to work. And they can chime in with questions.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
The factory unit has a plastic race that is prone to failure.

The problem with it, is that it can crack and wobble around in the housing.

The biggest thing, is putting longer shocks or a bigger lift and not accomodating can droop the front axle low enough that it maxes the track rod out and break the race. Static, you cant feel it, but it will develope a shudder in motion (driving down the road)

The heavy duty joint has tighter clearances and without that design cannot fail as it does.

13farm

Reaction score
Does it still utilize a ball joint type design? The picture of all the parts layer out looks like it utilizes a uniball design?

Zmann

Reaction score
going off another forum
your trying to get the dealer to pay for this as you think it will fix your death wobble on your stock truck correct ?

13farm

Reaction score
Yes. There is evidently a flaw in ford's setup. I reported it first at 12,000 miles I can't image there would be something worn to bad at tht milage on a new truck. This about the only thing I could imagine them doing because it utilizes the factory track bar.

Zmann

Reaction score
talk to Jared some more I just wanted Him to know what your expectations are
I still don't think Ford will pay for this nor do I think it is your fix

but that OUO basically makes your trac bar end a Heim joint (single shear)
and even if Ford would pay for an upgrade I don't think they could install this vs a Balljoint (due to legal)

img-105002_web_2.jpg

13farm

Reaction score
We will see what dealership says tomorrow. They are suppose to go over the whole front end again for the 4th time now. And check everything their tech hotline told them to do.

Layson

Reaction score
If they say track rod joint. I would just have them put a OEM stock one back in. They won't put in an aftermarket. If they did then it will be your baby after that.

Is there a place nearby with some railroad tracks or something like that so you can replicate the problem. That way you can just grab the tech, go for a ride and show him...LOL

13farm

Reaction score
It did it to me last friday in one spot went there last night and hit it 15 times never did do it. Only thing I can think is I was under a 1/4 tank friday and lastnight I had a full tank of fuel. I wouldn't think that would change it.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I have found the easiest way to duplicate this is hitting a bump while turning at speed. Expansion joints on highway interchanges work really well...

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
so CAN use this with a stock bar on my stock truck and still be able to use this end IF I decide to lift it and get different trac bar due to lift? Any recommendations on just swapping to better now? I am ready. I am tired of this annoying bounce and am Throwing parts at truck along with the frame bracing discussed in another thread!

Latest posts

Members online