overdrive off light blinking?????

Awesome

Reaction score
tranny feels weird and over drive light was blinking... what does this mean?... i cut it off ant turned the truck back on and it feels fine now and its not blinking.... so????

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yer awesome, figure it out!!

Seriously though, you need to scan it. There will be a code. Could be the vss, the trans got hot, or the conv is shtting the bed.

TyCorr

Reaction score
My truck has had tons of trouble with that damn vss causing the blinking od light. I finally bought a new sensor and a new pigtail for the truck. Wired new pigtail in and replaced the vss(serviced rear diff simultaneously) and no more issues. Buuuut it could be a trans issue since op didnt say zilch about speedo issues.

moose99psd

Reaction score
Pull the speed sensor out of the rear end and check for metal. Clean it off good, change the rear end fluid and see if its still an issue. How old is the converter?

probably sent while working.

TyCorr

Reaction score
If the sensor was causing it Id hope the speedometer would be malfunctionong. Or not.working at all.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Usually, won't really know a direction without codes though...

Agreed. My experience simply points to the likelihood of the speedo going haywire or quitting if the vss is unplugged/has a wet plug/or has accumulated metallic trash from its environment.

Now give us.the.codes!!

Dreamer

Reaction score
My Excursion did that same thing. If it hasn't yet, it will start blinking again. Mine eventually thru the CEL as well. Ended up needing a tranny rebuild. Just run it by a trans shop and get it checked for free. If you don't like their answer, get a second opinion somewhere else.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.