overhead pod install

Joshbaker

Reaction score
Anybody ever use the autometer overhead pod? im thinking of running it and just wondering how well it fits. And how hard it was to hide the wires coming from the gauges?

Koda22

Reaction score
I've got one for my edge....and personally I wouldn't buy it again....I could have installed it wrong, but it's just to lose for my taste....doesn't fall down, but if it did I wouldn't be surprised....

bootcamp

Reaction score
I have the overhead triple pod in my truck, only problem is the pod is not centered over the mirror, due to the mirror being to high, so had to move the pod over to the left of the mirror. Doesn't look to bad and it's never dropped on me, even on these Louisiana roads.

20007.3L

Reaction score
I have the overhead triple pod in my truck, only problem is the pod is not centered over the mirror, due to the mirror being to high, so had to move the pod over to the left of the mirror. Doesn't look to bad and it's never dropped on me, even on these Louisiana roads.

got pics?

mustube

Reaction score
I had one in my old truck, and it worked fine. I did move my mirror down so I could have it centered. The wires and everything can tuck up nice above the headliner as long as you route it to fit. The only downside is that if you're picky, you can see the wires from the outside of the truck through the windshield. Didn't bother me but something to think about if you're picky. I should also note that on my 7.3 the boost gauge hose was long enough, the pyro thermocouple was long enough and the trans temp wire was long enough, I didn't have to extend any of that but I have heard where some people had to (maybe with a different motor or brand of gauges)

Last edited:

HobbyStock62

Reaction score
I got the quad overhead from riffraff and love it. Very easy to install and hide the wires for the guages.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I had dual, now quad. It fits fine, no issues with the mirror and no wires hanging since you can tuck them under the headliner. Only problem I had was some of the wires were not long enough to reach there from their sensors etc. Love the setup though.

kornfanjoe

Reaction score
IMAG0281.jpg

not the best picture but my dual pod fits very well. ive off-roaded in it and it doesnt budge, the gauges fit very well, and the wiring is easy to hide. only place that doesnt look so good is if you look at it inward from outside theres a small part you can see wiring and the base otherwise they work great!

kornfanjoe

Reaction score
thanks a lot! i did a custom blue interior light conversion. absolutely everything is blue except for the odometer, the electronic climate control display and the overhead console display.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sWEw4IyR18

sorry for the derail.

IMAG0374.jpg

i should have glued it a little closer pressed to the headliner but its not noticeable unless looking closely. the quality is good

IMAG0372.jpg

you can see the glue strips and the wiring in the middle, i wrapped my wiring in tape for protection and to match the security receiver and mirror wires. i think it would be possible to cut out a piece of black paper to cover everything but leave holes for the adhesive to fit through. should hide it nicely.

Koda22

Reaction score
Maybe that wats wrong with mine, wat are you using to hold it to the windshield....mines not attached to the windshield just the headliner...

ford rules

Reaction score
Its just me but that would bother me since im picky. Being able to see it from the outside that is. But a nice tint strip would probably cover it up nicely.
I do like the look from the inside.

kornfanjoe

Reaction score
Mine came with 3m adhesive Velcro. Glue one half to the pod and other to window and this stuff holds on TIGHT!
When I eventually need to replace my windshield I will try to get the superduty glass with the tinted top that says superduty in it.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Mine came with 3m adhesive Velcro. Glue one half to the pod and other to window and this stuff holds on TIGHT!
When I eventually need to replace my windshield I will try to get the superduty glass with the tinted top that says superduty in it.

Same here, as long as you're buying the GOOD pods, they come with the velcro already and it's pretty tough velcro.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
If you have the mirror that says SUPERDUTY across the front you cant see the pod anyway.

Koda22

Reaction score
Any of y'all know where I could get paint...my pod came black and I've never painted it...and maybe where to find the right color...not sure wat color my interior is...

Latest posts

Members online