P0275 - Injector/harness/FICM replaced - Code still shows

BadBob2121

Reaction score
So I am having a strange injector code issue at the moment and I am not sure how to proceed.

Little info on the truck. Early 04 6.0 with about 219,000 miles, stock truck aside from basic ******s, updates and a coolant filter. Using Edge Insight CTS to monitor.

I replaced the batteries, alternator, and FICM due to a very slight FICM voltage drop (no less than 46v) about 3 months ago. The batteries were old so I decided to replace them with the alternator and bought a BPD 4 Phase 48v FICM to prevent any future damage to my injectors. Installed and the truck ran great until about 2 weeks ago.

Three months later, I was driving to work and came to a stoplight about 20min into my drive and had a misfire. Checked my codes and I got P0263 - Cylinder 1 contribution balance. The miss would clear up under throttle. I drove home later in the day and it continued to miss at idle and light throttle and the P0263 code if cleared, would come right back.

So I figured injector time. I had my trusted mechanic check out the issue with his FORD IDS, and it showed cylinder 1 injector at a dead miss. So I had him replace the entire passenger bank (1, 3, 5, 7) and also had him replace my ICP/pigtail due to some previous intermittent surging issues that I hadnt had in awhile, but wanted to change it out to prevent future headaches.

I also had him install a fuel pressure kit to my Edge Insight so that I could monitor fuel pressure. Once installed, my fuel pressure wasnt raising above 35psi. So he did some extensive trouble shooting and found a blockage in my fuel filter housing, so he swapped the housing and now my fuel pressure is at 55-62psi. Great.

I drove home and when I got about an hour away, I checked my codes and found P0275 cylinder 5 contribution/balance and had a very slight miss occasionally at idle and light throttle. I continued to drive and check/clear codes. The #5 code would not go away. I shut the truck off, went the next morning for a drive and then started showing P0263 Cylinder 1 code again. Still saw a slight miss. Went for a few more drives and would continue to get intermittent #1 and #5 codes, just never at the same time.

I took the truck back to my mechanic who warrantied the injectors/work, and he went ahead and replaced all 4 passenger injectors again to avoid the possibility of those being bad due to issues with this batch. We replaced all 4 and fired it up, went for a drive and the P0275 code came right back.

He had a good injector harness on hand, so we swapped that out to see if that was our issue. Once that was replaced we went for a good drive and found no codes other than P1000. GREAT! So I drive about 90min, and checked codes every 30min or so and showed nothing. The truck is running great!! I get home and put the truck in park, checked my codes one last time, and P0275 is back.

Got it hooked up to IDS again. Tested the injectors and all 8 were firing great. Ran a compression check, that came out perfect. All the temps, pressures, and voltages looked as they should through the IDS. So now were stumped to why were getting this ghost code. Keep in the mind the truck is not missing and is running great.

I also swapped my BPD FICM power supply to the stock unit just to see if the FICM was the issue, and the same issue is present and the Cylinder 5 contribution/balance still remains.

Any ideas? The truck runs great and if the code wasnt present, I wouldnt suspect any issues while driving at all. Thanks for reading my short novel.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
It could b the logic board of the ficm setting th code. Also, was a relative compression test done prior to injector replacement? You may have sticking lifters or something of that nature as it is intermittent.

BadBob2121

Reaction score
A relative compression test was not done right before changing the injectors out. But had been done a few months prior if that is relevant.

I have been driving the truck all week due to the snow we have been getting and its been running great, no issues at all (knocks on wood). If I didn't have my monitor to check the codes I wouldn't suspect anything is wrong. However I am still getting the P0275 code.

Thanks for the recommendation on the logic board and lifters.

Latest posts

Members online