P0401 - egr insufficient flow. Please help!

j.mo

Reaction score
My 06 is throwing a p0401- egr insufficient flow. I can't get a smog on it with that code and I've about had it with it. I've been through every thread regarding this code there is. Been through the ebp sensor, map sensor, map sensor tube, map sensor tube fitting at manifold, iat2 sensor, maf, CAC boots, turbo has been rebuilt, egr valve.
I'm stuck. And I don't want to waste my time or money with a shop, because they lick their chops at this sort of deal.

Anything else I should go through?
I read that some versions of software are very picky with the p0401 and some trucks need a reflash. Should that be my next stop? Truck also has a bpd egr cooler with about 150k on it.
I'm selling the truck to a friend, which is who rebuilt the turbo. We pulled my turbo off of the truck, and replaced it with the stock turbo from the truck I bought. I have a feeling the vanes may be sticking, because it smokes on a stock tune down low. It never used to.
The truck has 280k on it. I have thought about picking up autoenginuity, it has bi directional functions, so it would tell me if the egr cooler/intake manifold is clogged before I tear the thing down.
I might go the dieseltech Ron route tomorrow and put a rubber cap over the turbo and pump some air in. See if I can hear any leaks.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online