p1690 code?

mandkole

Reaction score
Strange, Ive suddenly seen this wastegate code show up a couple of times now. Is this code just like the EBPV codes and the other stuff that comes on when stuff is unplugged? Or, is it coming on for another reason?

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Either your wastegate control solenoid is unplugged, or it is bad. However, the only time I have seen that code come up is when the solenoid was connected and it was just bad. I am not sure if another code would throw for it just being disconnected.

This is the little solenoid on the intake spyder with the red and green lines connected to it, if you were not aware.

Last edited:

mandkole

Reaction score
Hasn't been a WG on this truck for a long time and the intake is not stock with the 42 on there.. my question is whether this code is coming up for another reason and if the PCM is doing anything because of it. Every so often I look at the codes to see if anything else has shown up, and don't recall seeing it before.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Hasn't been a WG on this truck for a long time and the intake is not stock with the 42 on there.. my question is whether this code is coming up for another reason and if the PCM is doing anything because of it. Every so often I look at the codes to see if anything else has shown up, and don't recall seeing it before.

This code has nothing to do with the actual wastegate. It is the wastegate control solenoid.

This part...

Wastegate%20Control%20Solenoid_zpseo8u1wpn.jpg

Do you still have this connected?

Latest posts

Members online