P1747 and more

brian89

Reaction score
Buckle up, it’s a long one and I apologize for that. I’ve read 15 different things on this issue but none of them are even close to what I have going on.

Truck is a 2000 F250. P1747 is the constant active code. O/D light flashes all the time and won’t lock the torque converter. When the truck is cold, it runs almost like it has a watered down stock tune in it and will not spool until after 2000 rpms, which even then it’s not much boost. (currently has an old DP 120hp tune flashed in. Nothing is different with the stock tune flashed in). Once it gets to a certain temp, I’m assuming operating temp, you can feel it completely change. If you’re in the throttle when it hits that temp, it will spool immediately and take off and run better, but not like it should. O/D light is still flashing constantly at this point. Transmission shifts are HARD but on time, aside from the converter not locking. No matter what, the transmission gets hot, fast. It will also change gears by itself while sitting at a stop. Like 1st to 2nd and back the whole time I’m stopped. It also wants to be in a higher gear when I’m in reverse.
When I first had this problem start, the shop I had put this transmission in (just a ford reman trans) did a fluid and filter change and they changed out the valve body, so they say. Problem was back 2 weeks later. But, it will do this song and dance for a few months, then one day it runs completely normal and perfect. No code or running issue when cold, or shifting while stopped. Then after a few weeks, the issue will slowly start to come back. Converter will lock/unlock randomly while driving. Light will flash intermittently. Until one day it’s doing it constantly. I don’t drive it much and it’s been like this for 2 years now, I’ve finally had enough.

Some other notable things that are happening along with this that I never really paid much attention to until recently.
Rear brake/signal light is out. Changed the housing and pigtail to 2010 style about 12 years ago and it’s a stock style bulb.
I had an intermittent issue of when I put the rear passenger side window down, sometimes it tells me there’s a door open and leaves the dome lights on. I could finess the window to a spot where it wouldn’t say a door was. Then after awhile it would just always say a door was open and leave the dome lights on, no matter what the window was doing.
Truck got stolen recently and when I got it back, they had taken the dome lights completely out to alleviate that issue, but now it doesn’t even recognize when any door is open. Assuming that’s from the damage to the key cylinder and column.

I have a forscan tool that I’ve made some readings with on the transmission and honestly, I’m still confused as to what the **** is going on.

But if anyone has any insight on where to look, it would be appreciated. I don’t want to keep throwing parts and getting told by shitty shops that they think it’s this or that, without actually diagnosing anything.

Latest posts

Members online